Misc: One Way Teleporters

This is where the Admins will put tutorials submitted by users.
spartnKELLY

Misc: One Way Teleporters

Post by spartnKELLY »

Ok For this tut u will need Sparkedit if you dont have it you can get it here
http://www.download.com/Halo-Combat-Evo ... ag=lst-0-1[/url]

This is how to make 1 way teleporters!

1. Open Sparkedit
2. click File, then click open Cache File...
3. navigate to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo\MAPS and open up the map you'd like to put the teleporters on, I'll be using bloodgulch of course.
4. After you open the map you want to have the teleporters on click Tools, then add teleporter pair.
5. Two red boxes should appear, if not just click on edit, add telepoter pair again. One red box will have a arrow pointing to the other one, That is the location that you will walk into that takes u to the other location(the other red box)
6. On the top click on the Yellow arrow, Then select the Red box that has a arrow pointing to the other red box(we'll call this the in side of the teleporter), Click on the White hand at the top, you can now move the box to where u would like it to be. To move it to the ground hold CTRL and drag it with left click to the ground, or if your crazy the air.
7.If you would like for others to know where the teleporter is you will want to click on the edit tab on the right side.If not skip to step 9
8. in the edit scroll down box scroll down to scenery. All of the scenery on Your map should have a red box around it, Click on the yellow arrow and select peice of scenery(like a tree or a bush), then go to tools duplicate selection. after u have done that in the swap scroll down menu on the right scroll down and find scenery/Teleporter_sheild/teleporter. then click on the white hand and move this to where your in side of the teleporter is.
9.Move the Out side the same way you did earlier with the in side.
10.If you want to change the direction your facing when you come out of the out side click the rotate tool on the top and left click and rotate the out side to where the arrow is pointing in the direction you want to be pointing.
11.If your not making the teleporters visible Your done. but if you are read on to step 12.
12. To make the out side visible do the same thing that we did in step 8 except this time swap the scenery with scenery/teleporter_base/teleporter_base.
YOUR DONE!!!!!!!!!

All the Edits is me noticing grammatical issues and fixing them
FEEDBACK is wanted, plz tell me how u liked it
Last edited by spartnKELLY on Thu Dec 29, 2005 6:23 am, edited 6 times in total.
spartnKELLY

Post by spartnKELLY »

If anybody needs it i am happy to help
{BKK}

Post by {BKK} »

That's a nice thing to do for the newbies here. Most likely there are other people that are looking at this yet, as i've heard about the whole Halomods e-mail glitch they can't respond. But, thank you. :mrgreen:
Ever get that feeling that you're being watched from the shadows? Ever get the feeling you're being stalked in the night? That's me...
{RW} Welcome

Post by {RW} Welcome »

well theres another way of finding out which box is which press the info button while 1 of the boxes is selected and it should give teleportal pair number and also should say ether teleportal destination (out portal) or teleportal orgin (in portal) at the bottom of the info box if u want to move a pre existing portal go to edit tab select mp flags then hit the mouse pointer select the box that should be now red it should turn to yellow then hit the hand tab and now u can move it around to were ever u want
snapjaw

Post by snapjaw »

does this work on the trial version? i am selecting file open cached file, but it stays a grey screen.
xXxCocoFangxXx

Post by xXxCocoFangxXx »

Nice TUT!
saber937

Post by saber937 »

dud i followed this exactly and i dont know what happend my teleport doesnt even show. Someone tell me what i did wrong tell me what to do i need help!!!!!

well to be more specific my portal doesnt show up on my level i need help

RaVN Edit: Posts merged. Please do not double-post. Use the edit button.