3DSM: Creating Halo 2 Renders (Updated)

This is where the Admins will put tutorials submitted by users.
rossgemuend

Post by rossgemuend »

hey platt, could you post the exact setting you used for your normal bump? i've been messing around with it but my camo bump looks much better. (i should be applying these as "normal bumps" right?) i'll keep messing around with it though
rossgemuend

Post by rossgemuend »

thanks katarn, i'll try that
343Halo

Wordewatician 250

Post by 343Halo »

well hmmm i dunno if im just a noob with photoshop or its the fact that im using photoshop 7. but im having a problem with the color change part. i can't seem to make the white transparent by itself. could somebody help me out? or explain in more detail about how to do that? any help would be nice. thanks.
Viper2004

Post by Viper2004 »

can ne one help me i did the extract part at the beginning the models and bitmaps but they are all in meta format no .dds file i need help where are the flipping .dds files i ask in several forums but no luck please someone help me
themacawguy

Post by themacawguy »

can someone make a vid tut plz?
Halo2hCE

Post by Halo2hCE »

What if I don't have H2? Will it still work? Or will I have to have H2? Because I can't find mainmenu.map in my CE maps folder...
rossgemuend

Post by rossgemuend »

this is all about halo 2...

Last edited by rossgemuend on Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
adeeb01

Post by adeeb01 »

I got the stuff installed but i can get the single player shard map to open in A.D.I.

It says cant read past end of the streem or somthing
THANX
rossgemuend

Post by rossgemuend »

did you extract the map file yourself? if so, try re-extracting it from your xbox and trying again. Also, make sure you are using the latest version of adi.

I use this one and it works fine

and here is the model extractor library plugin
Last edited by rossgemuend on Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
MuteflY

Post by MuteflY »

Would I be correct in assuming that on the colour change images the red part is the primary colour that would show in the game and the green part is the secondary colour? If so then would it be possible to create one for each of them and then when you texture the model set both colours instead of having a single one for the entire armour? I'm not very familiar with Photoshop or any painting programs really so this colour change thing is giving me some trouble.
rossgemuend

Post by rossgemuend »

yes, but i have no idea how... latest render:

Last edited by rossgemuend on Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
vaticinator

Post by vaticinator »

ive got the models extarted an textured with the normal textures, but the bumpmaps wont load in PhotoShop, i downloaded the 620k or hwatver 1 and b4 i had a 820k and i extract the bumpmaps and they get split up into their 3 parts, i then put the dds plugin into the photoshopCS/plugins/FileFormats bit and it still says it doesnt recognize them even though i can veiw the normal textures, hwat going on??
rossgemuend

Post by rossgemuend »

you need a different version of ch2r, look on page 1 near the bottom, i think i posted the correct one
vaticinator

Post by vaticinator »

ok i downloaded the one at the botom and now it extracts it into the 3 parts, but it still doesnt open, i had the farcry ddsplugin nd that dndnt work so i got the official NVidia one and still wont open...
rossgemuend

Post by rossgemuend »

ok, here's the dds plugin i use

here

remember to select the dds file followed by 0.0 ex: "masterchief.0.0.dds"

and select no to "use mipmaps"
Last edited by rossgemuend on Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vaticinator

Post by vaticinator »

ok i downloaded that and it works perfectly
now i have other questions
with the creating the changingcolour alphamaps, i dont really understand it and also when i apply my textures with bumpmapping, the actual model doesnt seem to light correctly, and also why wont any of my renders clearly show the textures with the bumpmapping instead of it being murky>>?
Valeth

Post by Valeth »

Okay, I have the dds plugin and the new Ch2r but I can't load the bumpmaps in photoshop.
rossgemuend

Post by rossgemuend »

explain what happens when you try
[users]Digital Marine

Post by [users]Digital Marine »

I accidently unchecked "Show Dialog" whenever I open a .dds, so now when I open a bump file, it gives me a error about invailed format or something. I used the newest .dds plugin also, so how can I make that dialog show up again??
Arabian Camel

Post by Arabian Camel »

yea i can open all the bitmaps except for the bump maps, and yes i have the latest .dds plugin installed correctly.
Signatures may not be animated, nor exceed the 75kb file size limit.
Hmm, I forgot people are still cheap and lazy and own dial-up.