[GMOD]Guy's Wiremod Tutorials

guysullavin

[GMOD]Guy's Wiremod Tutorials

Post by guysullavin »

Hey guys, since I have had many (*cough* one *cough*) requests on how to use Wiremod, I'm going to be releasing wiremod tutorials with detailed explanations. I will add more tutorials as the time goes by.

- How to make a Time Bomb -
Difficulty: *

This is probably the most basic entrance to Wiremod i can give. yet it is vital to alot of other objects you may want to make using wiremod.

First off, Wiremod works on a numerical values that trigger an event or create a trigger from an event happening in-game. for instance, an explosive could be set for a value of ten, and then you could press a button that triggers a sensor to turn on and when someone walks in front of the sensor it outputs the value of 10 and triggers the explosion. Thus this is VERY math based (a whole wire tool devoted to arithmetics) and unless you have a basic Grade 8 math education, you may get F***ed in the a** by this.

so lets get started shall we?

1. Enter the menu and place a flat, even object that is approx. 1x1 PHX units, anything smaller may not fit the objects, and anything bigger may get annoying, I used a basic PHX panel
2. Next we want to get a timer, go to the Wire Section, in the VERY top right tab that says Wire (duh) and then go to Wire - Control > Gate - Time > Timer, choose any model you like, but i used the CPU because I like it.
this is done to apply the time application to the bomb, it basically counts up from the value placed in it.
3. Place it on the panel
4. Go to Wire - I/O > Button, Be Sure to toggle "toggle" (lol) and put Value On to 1. Place it on the Panel
This is done to turn on the timer by starting at one. it then counts up by one per second
5. Go to Wire - Control > Gate - Arithmetic (there's that arithmetic's I was talking about) > Floor (Round Down), place it on the panel
this is done so that way it does not output with decimals like 1.3490852 or something stupid like that because sometimes wiremod glitches and 9.23947 goes straight to 10.2334234 skipping over your beloved 10 to detonate the explosive, which is a big no-no.
Your panel should look something like this
6.Go to Wire - Physics > Explosives (simple) and then select the model you want, CRUICAL -> Place Value to 10 and yo ucan set the explosive power and radius to anything you want.
we value the bomb to 10 so that way when the Timer translates to 10 through the Rounder it will then detonate the bomb. you cannot set the explosive to anything more than 10 but you can change make the timer to 60 with some skilled mathimatics, (coming soon in advanced bomb Tutorial)
(sorry about the lack of photo)
7. Go to Wire - Tools > Wire and then highlight the timer, click it, then highlight the Button/Switch and click that, you shall notice that there is now a wire joining the two objects together, your object is now wired together
8. Continue wiring the objects togetehr making sure you wire in this fashion
Explosive to Round Down
Round Down to Timer
i would say that you wire the circuit backwards but that may confuse the user, so I'm saying it after I explain it that way.
9. Flip the Button and press the switch and watch the rounder for which # its at of the detonation.
kaboom
Not Removing until Prototype comes out. Started 1/7/2009
obj1: DUDE'S GOT A POINT....I GIVE THIS PRODUCT A TRY....HELL WHAT COULD GO WRONG!
waev: caps lock might