{Mod}Elitewinder Version 2!

Mods for Mac should be placed here. All posts must have pictures and a mod to download. Use PPF always, unless the map is rebuilt.

{Mod}Elitewinder Version 2!

Post by Guest »

I'm back with the second version of my mod which will I'm going to start calling Elitewinder. There are so many changes that I can't even list them all, so if you want info, my original post is here.

Besides the weapon mods from the first version, some new changes have been made. There's a new elite class, the sword elite, who throws grenades as well. Color changes have been made, and I found a way to color the sniper elite. The covenant sniper has an fp model, even if it is a bit bugged, and holding the chaingun prevents grenade throwing or melee. There is also music! Covenant dance from c40! The pistol also no longer counts towards the maximum weapons held, effectively allowing you to have three weapons at one time. Alien weapons will also run out of ammo, but likely not within their lifetime.

The strings have also been changed to display "killed by the elites" rather than "guardians."

This version comes with a ppf because I figured out what was wrong, trust me, the bitmaps are worth it.

Pictures of the new classes!

Sword
Plasma rifle
Fuel Rod
Sniper

Notes: Extra, unused tags include marines, jackals, drivable c-dropships, pelicans, and drivable wraiths. I couldn't find a place for these, especially since the marines wouldn't stop killing me :roll:, and so they are unused.

Alert: There is something wrong with Halomods's polls, they die when I edit the post, then come back when I add a new poll! The poll will stay down until a fix is found because if I try to add a new one right now I will just have a triple poll.

FOR ALL ELITES, TURN ON ALL VEHICLES! AI SPAWN IN VEHICLES!

Download
Last edited by on Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:03 am, edited 7 times in total.
(EnigMoiD is me)
developer

Post by developer »

Outstanding.Sorrrrrrrryyy!!I have votted for Great.Sorry.Well i can tell my think for it. 10\10 ^_^ This rocks.
Sig over height limit.
Corrupti0n

Post by Corrupti0n »

OMG NICELY DONE!
10\10 \../ >_< \../
[IA]Paul

Enthraller

Post by [IA]Paul »

Gah, nothing useful posted in the ratings. I'll play this and I'll give it my rating. (no offense, developer and C0rruption, it's just that you didn't give a reason to rate it.)

DISSECTION
Alright, let's start from the beginning. The elites are too good. WAAAAAY too good, but I like it. It's a challenge that the snipers almost always nail you and any elites will always find you.

Chaingun and covenant sniper: One word: Skin. No offense, but it just looks like a bunch of smashed purple and black vertices. For the chaingun, the way to fix the random firing error, set it to fire from camera, and for the firing effect to be visible in FP, use the firing effect of the AR. You could use HHK's copy metadata tool for this and copy over an unused effects. The guns play well, which is most of my rating, which is up for these guns. (but I don't like the firing sound on the sniper, which is the needler melee sound.)

More of a bug than a rating reason: Some of the elites that spawn in that flipped over tank die when it respawns or when they fall out.

Annoying things: Drifting snow is gone and the ambient snow sound is gone, making the level seem too empty.

Despite all these complaints, the elite AI are challenging and fun to kill. Therefore, I give this mod a 9.25/10. Not bad <Snipah>, not bad at all.[/lol]
Proclaimer001 wrote:It's going to take more than one drunk prostitiute to bring down ShamWoW Guy!
This thread is why 14-year-olds are looked down on on the internet.

Post by Guest »

o_O After all that I still got a pretty decent rating. Thanks for the tips on the chaingun though, I'm gonna get working on that. I hope you played with music turned on for the music, that's where the snow sounds went.
(EnigMoiD is me)
vinnyt123n

Post by vinnyt123n »

are u gonna make a third one?
premiumlagger

Post by premiumlagger »

this looks like it'll be great,
but the link to download just takes me to adverts...

:(

Post by Guest »

In big blue letters, it says "Click here to go to the download page." I've never actually downloaded from them, I should have told you guys.
(EnigMoiD is me)
Corrupti0n

Post by Corrupti0n »

[C]Paul95 wrote:Gah, nothing useful posted in the ratings. I'll play this and I'll give it my rating. (no offense, developer and C0rruption, it's just that you didn't give a reason to rate it.)

DISSECTION
Alright, let's start from the beginning. The elites are too good. WAAAAAY too good, but I like it. It's a challenge that the snipers almost always nail you and any elites will always find you.

Chaingun and covenant sniper: One word: Skin. No offense, but it just looks like a bunch of smashed purple and black vertices. For the chaingun, the way to fix the random firing error, set it to fire from camera, and for the firing effect to be visible in FP, use the firing effect of the AR. You could use HHK's copy metadata tool for this and copy over an unused effects. The guns play well, which is most of my rating, which is up for these guns. (but I don't like the firing sound on the sniper, which is the needler melee sound.)

More of a bug than a rating reason: Some of the elites that spawn in that flipped over tank die when it respawns or when they fall out.

Annoying things: Drifting snow is gone and the ambient snow sound is gone, making the level seem too empty.

Despite all these complaints, the elite AI are challenging and fun to kill. Therefore, I give this mod a 9.25/10. Not bad <Snipah>, not bad at all.[/lol]
do we have to have a reason?
premiumlagger

Post by premiumlagger »

..."Click here to go to the download page."
thats right, and when i do it just sends me to an iPod advert...
:?

Post by Guest »

On top of the ad, in tiny blue text, it says "click here to skip ad" or something. Make sure you're not in a pop-up.
(EnigMoiD is me)
premiumlagger

Post by premiumlagger »

:oops: i need glasses, that text is tiny!
thanks, downloading now.
[IA]Paul

Enthraller

Post by [IA]Paul »

Corrupti0n wrote:do we have to have a reason?
Good, 7/10. Did that make much sense, it also takes away the reason for people to randomly rate mods 0/10 and do stupid stuff like that.

My real rating is 9.2/10, though.
Last edited by [IA]Paul on Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Proclaimer001 wrote:It's going to take more than one drunk prostitiute to bring down ShamWoW Guy!
This thread is why 14-year-olds are looked down on on the internet.
Loor

Post by Loor »

Nicely done!
I like it very much, but there seems to be only one or two elites, not enough for my liking...

Still good,

9.5/10 :)

Post by Guest »

Loor wrote:Nicely done!
I like it very much, but there seems to be only one or two elites, not enough for my liking...

Still good,

9.5/10 :)
AI spawn in vehicles, so turn them all on. My first post has been updated.
(EnigMoiD is me)
vinnyt123n

Post by vinnyt123n »

dude for the most elites turn every vehicle on each side to 1 except ghosts, add four to each side
if u do it right there should be about 10 to 15 elites

Post by Guest »

vinnyt123n wrote:if u do it right there should be about 10 to 15 elites
Um... If you make a gametype with all vehicles, there are 15 elites, exactly. 4 ghosts, each with a sword elite in them for a total of 4 sword elites, 5 plasma rifle elites, one in the hog, one in the rocket hog, and three in the scorpion, 3 fuel rod elites, two in the rocket hog and one in the scorpion, and 3 sniper elites, two in the hog and one in the scorpion
(EnigMoiD is me)
Ultramarines217

Post by Ultramarines217 »

great stuff! 10/10
ImageThe Silence
Hublah

Very Nice

Post by Hublah »

Ok, well first of I have to say a job well done, it was certaintly fun to play.

AI: I liked the Elites, I would make the Sword Elites harder though. But anyways it was great that they were a good challenge.

Weapons: Chaingun, very cool and the lack of ammo balanced it nicely. Paul already told you about the firing effects so I won't bother. FRC, I liked that you had to work to get it, unlike how the map usually is. Beam Rife, I liked it a lot, but change firing sound and try to make the contrail stay in the air a little longer.

Bugs: The only one I ran into was when you picked up Chaingun ammo it said "You picked up 0 belts for Chaingun" or something like that. Anyways, the 0 needs to be fixed. But it doesn' effect gameplay so it's ok if it can not be fixed fairly easily.

Overall, a job well done. 9.35/10.00
~Hublah
hell_knight

Post by hell_knight »

mac modders do a much better job than PC modders even tho i dont like macs GJ XD