Something I've been working on

Post your pics of mods in beta, or pictures that do not have a mod associated with them.
Evilsnowflakes

Connoisseur

Something I've been working on

Post by Evilsnowflakes »

So, I haven't posted in a long time, but I am still doing 3d modeling, I've finally stepped up from milkshape a couple months ago and am now trying to learn 3ds max. I've been working on this gun for some time now, and I would like an opinion on it. I'm close to done, there are just a few more details I want to add and maybe fix it up a bit. This is my 2nd big project that I have created using 3ds max.

Original Image

Bullets are the only thing that is textured, I don't know how to render a wireframe model, so if you want one I would need to know how.

Enjoy
Last edited by Evilsnowflakes on Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Remember, Violence is always the answer.
RaVNzCRoFT

Grunge Pyre

Re: Something I've been working on

Post by RaVNzCRoFT »

Looks incredible, although it seems too blocky in some places and the magazines look weird. But the detail is unbelievable.
Evilsnowflakes

Connoisseur

Post by Evilsnowflakes »

The magazines I had trouble on because that black line kept on showing up from the lighting and I wanted to make some cuts in it but they weren't showing up properly and some of the parts wouldn't go together as smoothly as what I had hoped either.

Also I updated the OP with a pic of the original drawing that I based it off of.
antszy101

Stylist Critic

Post by antszy101 »

Look up how to do a clay render. It will look much better and it may fix some of the problems on the magazines :)
JacksonCougAr

Recreator

Post by JacksonCougAr »

antszy101 wrote:Look up how to do a clay render. It will look much better and it may fix some of the problems on the magazines :)
Place one skylight above your scene.
Press F10 -> Advanced Lighting -> Check Enable
Optional: Give your models all a clay coloured material.

Render.
Evilsnowflakes

Connoisseur

Post by Evilsnowflakes »

JacksonCougAr wrote:
antszy101 wrote:Look up how to do a clay render. It will look much better and it may fix some of the problems on the magazines :)
Place one skylight above your scene.
Press F10 -> Advanced Lighting -> Check Enable
Optional: Give your models all a clay coloured material.

Render.
Thanks, I'll try that today then.

Edit: tried it and it worked great, that skylight also makes the textures that I'm working on look really good. So thanks a lot, once I get textures and do some finishing touches, I'll post a final image then.