(WIP) silent cartographer - halo custom edition (update)

Post your pics of mods in beta, or pictures that do not have a mod associated with them.

should i release?

yes!
No votes
no...
No votes

Total votes: 0

pdxlib

Post by pdxlib »

i know that...its just i think some people have gotten teh wrong idea on what halo version this is actually
InvaderVeex

Post by InvaderVeex »

I hope this turns out real nice. Maybe get a few good scripts in there, too. >.>
pdxlib

Post by pdxlib »

i know this may be a stupid question but....whats a script? is it like a command to open doors when you walk up to them?? or is it like a command to make like a bibed to walk, attack, or die?? i really dont know what a script is so if you could inform me what it is i might be able to do something with it.
InvaderVeex

Post by InvaderVeex »

A lot of stuff. It's what makes the pelicans come to you and tells ai where to go sometimes. What for what unit goes where.

It's usually written in a form where it is built into the game, but it can be entered using alldev during a game, too.

For an example, turn alldev on and go into The Silent Cartographer on any current version of it in CE.
:When you see your gun when flying in the pelican, hit the ~ key and type

Code: Select all

object_create beach_lz_banshee
Now when you are dropped off, you should see a banshee on the beach. (have fun!)

BUT This only works if that object is in the map. In the silent Cartographer, there was a banshee placed on the beach and given the name of beach_lz_banshee

And that is how I created the third pelican in my b30 mod.
pdxlib

Post by pdxlib »

i cant seem to find a scripting tut that makes any sence...all of them either doesnt tell everything or the links are dead. if you know of some sort of script tut that makes decent sence could u give me one id apreciate it
Cryticfarm

Post by Cryticfarm »

pdxlib wrote:i cant seem to find a scripting tut that makes any sence...all of them either doesnt tell everything or the links are dead. if you know of some sort of script tut that makes decent sence could u give me one id apreciate it
You mean you can't find you you can understand. And about th eversion thing, ok, anything good in PC, would be meh in CE. Meaning anything meh in PC would be crap and CE.

Post by Guest »

pdxlib wrote:heres the new br(from rpg_beat_4_no_ai_v4):

[img]*image%20link*[/img]

----------------------------------

does anyone know how to fix banshees from not being drivable to drivable? because whenever i build the map im not able to drive it. if i can get that fixed ill probably do a couple of more things and think about rather or not to release or not.
well seeing as thats not ur br then 9 out of 10.
pdxlib

Post by pdxlib »

figure out the scripts....i just wasnt paying much attention to this one detail in a tut. would u guys like to see ai?
pdxlib

Post by pdxlib »

an update on the map...ive added 2 vehicle scripts and ai...most of the ai are where the ai are in the sp version of the map...the rest are just add-on's.

pics:

better view of sky (from extinction)

halo 2 chief (Jahrain's)

ai johnson

ai armord soldier (sorry for bad pic...xfire lags when taking pics)

ai tactical grunt fuel rod

ai elite swordsman

ai hunter

ai camo elite

other ai's added:
-marine armord shotgun, sniper
-grunt needler, plasma pistol
-jakal pistol
-elite (gold color) plasma rifle

scripts added:
-newghost (i think halomods took it off of the site)
-brute_ghost (from extinction)

things to come...
-easter egg

**ive taken out the banshee because it wasnt working properly, could only work if you change it from B-driver to W-driver...even then you looked like you were driving a hog instead of a shee**
Cryticfarm

Post by Cryticfarm »

Don't take extinctions sky without asking for permission. I think.
pdxlib

Post by pdxlib »

[quote]As Quoted by Jahrain:
This map is unprotected. Feel free to, but not limited to rip, reuse, render, fix, improve, remake, learn from, or re-release anything contained within this map. Just don
InvaderVeex

Post by InvaderVeex »

I can't see many images on the computer I'm on, (probably websense...I'm at a hospital) but isn't the extinction sky from d40?
Cryticfarm

Post by Cryticfarm »

InvaderVeex wrote:I can't see many images on the computer I'm on, (probably websense...I'm at a hospital) but isn't the extinction sky from d40?
skyofdoom.sky
pdxlib

Post by pdxlib »

sorry for some of the bad pics...my vista makes random clicks between a light screen to a dark screen

-the halo 2 chief you can find on halo mods
-the tactical grunt is just the grunt from d20 (keys) level after you find *flood keys*
-the camo elite is just an elite with camo on, from the b30 level after you disable the security

it is the d40 sky...lol i didnt even realize it was the same sky

im discarding extinction sky for d40s sky...d40s sky gives the map fog without blocking out the sky
pdxlib

Post by pdxlib »

ive finished the map....disregard the battle rifle in the first post when answering to the poll question