UNSC Condor Dropship Topic, SPARTANs New project.

Post your pics of mods in beta, or pictures that do not have a mod associated with them.
OpsY

UNSC Condor Dropship Topic, SPARTANs New project.

Post by OpsY »

Hello there, been a while huh? Since the RPG_Beta4 and Sanctuary events SPARTANs RP's Map making division has been pretty quiet. Things are now changing and sadly for this moderators, I have no download links. Only Pics of what will be the head of this topic until we are ready to announce anything tangent about our under progress map which will feature, as much as we can, alot of custom content.

The "First" of those, beeing the vehicle that we thought we'd lost, the Condor LMT designed and Modelled by Gibbo. While we thought we had lost all backups, our ever so friendly british (gibbo) STILL had his backups. Of course needs 100% retaging... but here it is. Until we're ready to announce other features(well duh, the condor was announced for RPG_Beta4..), the thread's title shall remain:P

Condor patrol off a Marathon Cruiser

An Halcyon deploys it's playload of Condors

Interior of Condor

Textured result: (note it's the first time I ever texture)

--Terrel(Flynrooster), Gibbo, OpsY(SPARTAN-099, Dugard)
Last edited by OpsY on Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
darkmummy9

Post by darkmummy9 »

ive already seen these but good job! thank god xfire
OpsY

Post by OpsY »

my contacts get em faster;)

besides suggestions on how the condor should work are welcome.
darkmummy9

Post by darkmummy9 »

i suggest like lifepods they have cargo hold things with a little bridge to were you enter the cockpit and i suggest 2-4 gattleing guns on wings and maybe 2 or more missle launchers on em 2 and will they hold hogs?!? :shock:
OpsY

Post by OpsY »

there's 2 front gatling guns up front.
darkmummy9

Post by darkmummy9 »

ok how about some missles
darkmummy9

Post by darkmummy9 »

and does it carry hog and maybe possibly when it lifts of conceal the hog unless your in ground holding crouch(land) button.
OpsY

Post by OpsY »

huh since we made it slimmer design it cannot hold a hog. besides, the hog carrying version was somehow irrealistic as there was no room for an engine... this one has a more versatile, fighter look like it can still carry 8 passengers and their playload from orbit to ground.
darkmummy9

Post by darkmummy9 »

you should make a vehicle specifically for hog and ground vehicle carrying like a concealed chamber only opens when landed or no pilot is in it and maybe a garage type thing for vehicles in the newer maps if possible for vehicles
{MSS}Someone

Location: Behind the bush outside your house.... PWNAGE count: 157,254,716,442

Post by {MSS}Someone »

darkmummy9 wrote:you should make a vehicle specifically for hog and ground vehicle carrying like a concealed chamber only opens when landed or no pilot is in it and maybe a garage type thing for vehicles in the newer maps if possible for vehicles
Thats a good idea, but it should probably go on a bigger vehicle, such as a longsword. It looks to me like the Condor is about pelican size...
kornkidcrazy wrote: Buy Halo 3 , regardless you have a 360 or not. Then on the 25th you can do what I'm doing and stare at it for two days straight, thinking about the infinite win on the inside.
LOLsauce mb :?: :arrow: click
Dead Killa \ D

Post by Dead Killa \ D »

Very Boxy.
link816 says:your crazy about those jeely beans arent you?
=EP Killa says: welll, um yes i love them YUK BUTTER SCOTCH
OpsY

Post by OpsY »

yeah in the past we reviewed that option. we considered putting a magnet behind the condor so it could carry hog and mobile CP but the problem that arose is that there's logically no more place for the engine. We might aswell head for a completly new "HTV"(heavy transport vehicle) and keep this one LMT(light medium transport)

as for "boxy", it's not final, not textured and already beats alot of custom vehicles out there.
darkmummy9

Post by darkmummy9 »

ok but still my garage idaea? missles? and maybe adding a cargo hold in back of longsword that when it lands or pilot is out it flips down to put hog in ot take hog out and if you cant do that to longsword instead of a hog area take all other seats ls from coldsnap and put a cargo hold in back with only acouple spare seats up front bye driver and gunner.
Titusz

Grunge Mad Hatter

Post by Titusz »

You can't get a vehicle to carry another one by just sticking\driving it in.
It needs some fancy scripting.
<---OMFG, they're breeding
Windmage7

Post by Windmage7 »

I think the Condor needs 2 turrets on the sides of it like the transports in Battlefield 2142 controlled by the 2nd two people who enter. I can't think of anything else I think it would need.

the EU air transport
http://battlefield.ea.com/battlefield/b ... &Profiles=
Cryticfarm

Post by Cryticfarm »

Chamfer the seats a tiny bit.
OpsY

Post by OpsY »

I like the turrets idea for the side door. as for the seats, we'll; see in due time. nothing is final as for how they look and work... we might add some or remove others as well as add fake weapon cannisters... We'll just see.

As for vehicle carrying, we know it requires scripting but we don't have the required script. the closest it gets is to use coldsnap's(which we don't have) but again, the fact it's restricted to "landing pad" is a problem. we'd rather make it so it chooses "closest ground vehicle" or something like that. I'm currently working on trying to design a vehicle carrier and a ground heavy tank but sadly, it's hard to draw it the way I see it in my mind.

so if anyone has a pickup script or can make/get us one, it'd be appreciated. Else it'll end up remaining host only using dev mode.
darkmummy9

Post by darkmummy9 »

i think instead of giveing condor missles give it a section when youd click to use secondary weapons it drops a box and it crashes to ground and weapons fly out over a 5-15 meter raduis.
OpsY

Post by OpsY »

Hmm yeah I usually like this idea but it's hard to place those weapon cannisters on the actual Condor... wich is more of a kind of super fast, fighter like transport. Faster than the pelican, it carry less stuff over greater distance.
darkmummy9

Post by darkmummy9 »

good point back to weapon suggestions anything besides missles for secondary weapon