Halo: Classic Edition

Forge maps and variants for Halo 3.
phlsphr420

Halo: Classic Edition

Post by phlsphr420 »

Edit: I've now created a gamertag, HCE Customs, that can be used to find other HCE players. Simply send a friend request to HCE Customs. After it is accepted, you will be able to view other players who enjoy playing the HCE gametypes and maps.

I've created gametypes and forged maps to recreate the fun of Halo CE. Here are the changes I've made:

-Used custom powerups as health packs. Shields do not automatically regenerate and players must pick up a health pack (or overshield) in order to regenerate shields. Health packs respawn 30 seconds after being picked up.

-Battle Rifle will kill with three headshots or five body shots.

-All power weapons (shotgun, sniper rifle and rocket launcher) are on "drop spawn", meaning that they will respawn at the same times every game (unless someone picks one up as it is dropping). Battle Rifles respawn ten seconds after being picked up. Needlers, plasma pistols and plasma rifles respawn 90 seconds after being picked up. I haven't put ammo on the maps for Assault Rifles in the hopes that this will encourage players to use other weapons. There should still be plenty of Assault Rifle ammo on the maps, however, through dropped ammo from dead opponents.

-Battle Rifle starts with Assault Rifle secondary.

-All vehicles are indestructable. Keep in mind, this does not mean that players can simply ride around and spawn kill opponents the entire game. The boost in the Battle Rifle's damage and the lack of shields automatically regenerating means that players who do nothing but ride in vehicles will die about as quickly as they did in Halo CE. Vehicles are set to respawn after 30 seconds of inactivity.

-Player invulnerability for three seconds after respawn in order to keep spawn-trapping and spawn-killing to a minimum.

-The amplified damage system also makes it so that killing with the plasma pistol and plasma rifle is possible again, as it was in Halo CE. Altogether, all weapons seem to work remarkably similar to Halo CE with this damage system.

Using this system, "flow" type gameplay is naturally encouraged and "set-up" type gameplay becomes counter-productive.

Please keep in mind that there is currently a bug with the health packs (custom powerups). If you are damaged and you pick up a health pack within three seconds of being damaged, the health pack will do nothing. Hopefully Bungie will fix this with the AU2. Please download the gametypes and maps from my fileshare, test, and respond with suggestions and comments. I hope to make this an on-going project. So far I have had good responses from all testers and I hope that you enjoy it as well.

Gametypes:
Team Slayer
CTF
Team Ball
Team King

Maps:
Avalanche
Blackout
Cold Storage
Construct
Epitaph
Foundry
Ghost Town
Guardian
High Ground
Isolation
Last Resort
Narrows
Rat's Nest
Sandtrap
Snowbound
Standoff
The Pit
Valhalla

A big thanks goes out to everybody who helped me test this and to Bungie for providing the game that has kept me so occupied.
Last edited by phlsphr420 on Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
kibito87

Stylist Connoisseur Advisor Bloodhound
Droplet Articulatist 500

Post by kibito87 »

Wow, I must say...this sounds great! And unique I might add. I may just have to try this out! :D
newbymodder

Blacksmith Articulatist 500

Post by newbymodder »

very nice. good concept i liked majority of how ce played some stuff on h3 annoys me hardcore. But h2 was my thing really.
Join Halo 2.5, Can't stop never stop modding halo 2 http://www.halo25.co.nr/
uralllame

Wordewatician 250

Post by uralllame »

Good concept, but I would prefer to have things like destructible vehicles, shield regen etc.
Those who can't play, mod.
And those who can't mod, mod PC.
Dissolution241

Post by Dissolution241 »

Then how would it be different? Just change the damage.
Unleash the Fucking Wolves
chrishansen

Post by chrishansen »

good idea il give it a try