Forge: Tips and Tricks

Forge maps and variants for Halo 3.
Zora

Post by Zora »

I'm not sure if this should go in another thread... but here it is!
I have a few useful tips and tricks for forging and whatnot.
Some of my friends showed me this, so I'm not sure who originally found these glitches, but they're funny and some are helpful! :lol:
You should try the ones you find necessary or funny.

1. How to know who is the host.
If you easily want to know who is the host of the game, (not the partyleader, the host is the player with the best connection in the game, the host can be changed if the host leaves the game. (the screen turns black and you have to wait a few minutes. )) have everyone in your party go into forge mode, look down and then go into player mode, the one player who keeps looking down is the host.
This is useful if you want to do glitches and stuff and are not sure who is the host, because the host can't do things that the other players can and vice versa.

2. How to glide through air with non-flyable vehicles.
(Glitch, requires at least 1 person who is not the host.)
Place a vehicle, can be any vehicle, really, but I'm going to give an example of this using a wraith.
Place a respawn point for a player, then place the wraith on top of it.
Get in the wraith and move it about 5 meters forward so you have room to place another wraith at the exact same spot as the first one, which in this case is the respawn point. It doesn't have to be another wraith, it can be any movable object, like a crate, but I'm going to stick with the wraith.
Edit the first wraith to spawn at start and after 30 secs. (should be default.)
Next, edit the second wraith to not spawn at start and after 180 seconds.
Destroy both wraiths now and wait for the first one to spawn, after it respawn get in it and move it away about 5 meters again.
When the other wraith respawn get into the first wraith and have another player pick the second wraith up. Make sure you bump into something with the first wraith, like the second wraith, otherwise this wont work.
(This may require a few tests as it doesn't always work at the first time.)

3. How to get a vehicle without its turret/cannon.
Any person who is not the host can do this. Press X to bring up the Items while in forge mode.
Navigate to your vehicle you want without a turret/cannon, I'm going to pick a warthog.
Highlight the warthog in the Items menu but dont pick one up yet.
Have the partyleader start a new round and as the screen turns black place the warthog.
When the new round starts you will have a warthog without its turret.

4. How to get far out of the map where you normally die using a teleporter.
We will use the same technique here as we did in my 3rd trick, using a reciever node.
Place a mancannon on the far edge of, I'm going to use Avalanche, and give a few tests to see if the teleporter gets shot out the edge of the cliff when you place one over the mancannon.
Bring up the Items menu by pressing X while in forge mode and have the partyleader start a new round. As the screen turns black place the reciever node. When the new round starts the reciever node will be shot out of the map and get stuck there.
Now place a sender node you can walk into but don't do that yet.
The reciever node you placed earlier should have had a default channel of 0.
Edit the sender node so it has channel 1 and stand in the middle of the sender node, then have another player change it to 0. This is because we will die while out of the map if we move around so you have to stand still on the sender when it sends you out, but you can still look around and see how the map looks from the outside.

5. How to drive a crashed vehicle.
(Glitch, requires at least 3 people. Can work with 2 but its a lot harder.)
This works with every hijackable vehicle where you actually take over the vehicle, like ghosts, banshees and choppers.
I'm going to use a ghost. This is alot easier if everyone is invulnerable.
First, have a person get into the ghost and destroy the ghost to the point that it will break with any explosion. I used a Missile Pod for this, i just blasted the ghost when the guy was in it, since he can't die, neither can the ghost when he's sitting there.
Next, get a person to hijack the nearly destroyed ghost, and while he does, shoot enough missiles on the ghost so that it explodes. When hijacking, the ghost can be destroyed and since we are hijacking we enter the vehicle when it is destroyed.
This took me a couple of times until it actually worked, and when it does it looks really silly, its still cool though.
The banshee is the hardest vehicle to do this, but the funniest imo because it can't be still on the ground, it always moves.

6. How to overload the map easily.
(Glitch, requires at least 1 person.)
There are a few ways to overload maps, by throwing out alot, for example, trip mines until the mancannons that are built into the map disappears.
6a. To do this, place out four trip mines and edit them so that all of them spawn when one is used. Now, just throw them out until the map overloads.
6b. Either do 6a or this one, this is alot faster and might be easier too.
Do exactly like 6a with the trip mines but this time pick up another weapon so you have 2 weapons on you and then go to the trip mines. Press X to throw the mines out and Y to switch weapons, simultaneosly.
So X+Y all the time, you will throw out alot more mines quicker than 6a.

7. How to drop any equipment and get an overshield/active camo.
This works in any game, even matchmaking.
(Glitch, requires at least 1 person.)
Pick up any equipment, I'm going to pickup a regenerator.
Next, go to the overshield in this case, but don't pick it up.
Next, walk slowly toward the overshield and press RB (Right Bumper) as you take the overshield, you will drop the regenerator and get an overshield, if you then pickup the regenerator you dropped you get a regenerator! Cool huh? :P
If you die having used this you will drop the overshield/active camo, even if it drained.
(Notice: This may also require a few tests but it usually works if you walk slowly when picking the overshield/active camo up.)

8. How to put down weapons, good for making machinima.
(Only works when playing on your local network, so it doesn't work over Xbox Live at all.)
To do this, press LB + RB + LS + D-Pad up + A. (Left Bumper + Right Bumper + Left Stick + Directional Pad up + A-button.)
Hold them for about 2-3 seconds.
This will require a few tries, but it will be easier as you do it.

I hope this guide will help a few people in their journey to glitching and stuff. :twisted:
Veteran Halo 1 and 2 Mapmaker and Modder.
killer759607

Post by killer759607 »

Cool :D
Shock120

Post by Shock120 »

Can Number 3 be saved in a Forge map? or is it a one-time glitch.
Shock120 on XLink & XBC
M715ForLife

Post by M715ForLife »

Shock120 wrote:Can Number 3 be saved in a Forge map? or is it a one-time glitch.
One time.
wo0ts

Post by wo0ts »

I dont understand & can you elaborate
King_Kilvas

Post by King_Kilvas »

Small tip.

Doors in downloaded map pacts can be blocked with a Shield door stopping bullets ect, while a man cannon faced in the appropriate direction keeps enemies/allies in or out.

Easier than making a pile of miscellaneous goods that always have a weak point.
For a Picture less sig, you can have up to 5 lines of text.
1024 pixels left to right, which is about as long as this sentence, when it ends that is.
don't forget top to bottom! 768 pixels for that!
Wow! so much I can write! hmm.... what should I? to late for a pic.
Damn, better think of somthing witty fast or I'm gonna be the laughing stock of Hal...
asif333

Post by asif333 »

i need a bit of help, i dont really know if i may post it here, but if i may not post it here, plz move it...

and as it is:
on forge ive putted a box somewhere, i can see it in forge but not in custom games... i mean ive setted the settings of the box like:

Start at begin: no
time until respawn: 60

and so on, but i cant change it anymore T-T
i just cant select it in forge, its as if its there but not choosable anymore... -.- what do i need to do?? and btw it spawns in custom game after 60 sec but that doesnt really matter, i want to change its time in forge, and i cant select, or rather just get the pointer green, it just stays the same as if the box isnt there... plz try to understand that if it stays like that, my map will be "G4y" XD
want to read my sig?? u already rode it...

btw this person is not offensive 0.0
UR MAST3R

Stylist Picasso Connoisseur

Post by UR MAST3R »

When you are in Forge you need to restart the round and then once the 60 seconds is up your box will spawn and you will be able to select it.

For some reason every object on the map spawns when you are in Forge until you restart the round.
newbymodder

Blacksmith Articulatist 500

Post by newbymodder »

ok iv got a few questions.

for one, how do you get powerups to stick out of the side of box's, and how do you put teleporters in the doors on foundry so that when you walk into a door you teleport?
Join Halo 2.5, Can't stop never stop modding halo 2 http://www.halo25.co.nr/
UR MAST3R

Stylist Picasso Connoisseur

Post by UR MAST3R »

To get a powerup to be partially merged in a box (immovable only) you have to spawn the box and powerup. Then set the box so it does not spawn at start. Start a new round. Place powerup where you want and then when the box spawns they will be merged. It's the same concept as any interlocking.
newbymodder

Blacksmith Articulatist 500

Post by newbymodder »

oh okay thanks :D
Join Halo 2.5, Can't stop never stop modding halo 2 http://www.halo25.co.nr/