Forge 2.5

Post utilities designed for Halo 3.
hockeyman271

Post by hockeyman271 »

srry for the double post but i opened a film edited and what now and made sure i hit save every time i changed something, resigned the film, put it on my 360, went to watch it and nothing was changed at all on the film, it was exactly the way it was before i edited it.whats wrong?
Picceta

Foundry

Post by Picceta »

Every nice I open a film, it says "Unable to read stream".

Anyone know why?
Supermodder911

Connoisseur Coroner

Post by Supermodder911 »

Upload one of the films and I'll debug it.
C Wizzle
mxrider108

Renovator Wordewatician 250

Post by mxrider108 »

It appears that when you attempt to add placement chunks to an object using Forge that they do not spawn in-game (it also has a habit of somehow adding back the weapon spawns from the original Bungie map, even when they should be erased).

Supermodder, make sure that you are:
1. Only adding the new chunks into slots which were previously blank
2. Updating the "number of objects spawned" byte for each new chunk added
3. (For rotations) Also extracting the three unknown rotation floats AS WELL AS the yaw, pitch, roll, x, y, and z.

But the concept of extracting placement blocks from one usermap and injecting them into another is a GREAT idea, just too bad it isn't working right...
unknownv2

Post by unknownv2 »

mxrider108 wrote:It appears that when you attempt to add placement chunks to an object using Forge that they do not spawn in-game (it also has a habit of somehow adding back the weapon spawns from the original Bungie map, even when they should be erased).

Supermodder, make sure that you are:
1. Only adding the new chunks into slots which were previously blank
2. Updating the "number of objects spawned" byte for each new chunk added
3. (For rotations) Also extracting the three unknown rotation floats AS WELL AS the yaw, pitch, roll, x, y, and z.

But the concept of extracting placement blocks from one usermap and injecting them into another is a GREAT idea, just too bad it isn't working right...
Actually I was talking to him about that. I showed him what was missing from making it work. He said he'll update it later and it's only a couple lines of code that need to be inserted.
mxrider108

Post by mxrider108 »

Any progress on this (fixing the placement chunks)? :D
mxrider108

Re: Forge 2.5

Post by mxrider108 »

Supermodder, would you be willing to release the source code? I would be interested in fixing the above bug, as well as adding the ability to move multiple objects by a direction or rotation vector. Please IM me if you don't mind.
unknownv2

Post by unknownv2 »

mxrider108 wrote:adding the ability to move multiple objects by a direction or rotation vector.
What do you mean by that?
mxrider108

Post by mxrider108 »

I mean you could put in a 3D vector (x, y, z) and select one or more object to apply it to, thus moving all of them together the same amount. If I could get it to work it would be sweet to be able to do the same thing, but with yaw, pitch, and roll. It would also be nice to be able to set the rotations properly for objects (right now it doesn't work because it doesn't include the three unknown floats).
alcapone900

Post by alcapone900 »

Alright so i tried to open it and it didnt work. I updated my .net stuff and it opened. Nothing was there. It was a blank screen that was grey and had a menu bar.
unknownv2

Post by unknownv2 »

alcapone900 wrote:Alright so i tried to open it and it didnt work. I updated my .net stuff and it opened. Nothing was there. It was a blank screen that was grey and had a menu bar.
That's called an mdi container... You click File -> Open and select the file you want to edit.
Element18592

Post by Element18592 »

if im not mistaken this is the latest version....i have 4 unbanned resigners in my program....and i was wondering if this version of forge has an unbanned kv
Loco Odin Productions
Loco Odin Productions
khaosmaster

Post by khaosmaster »

This is what I use for all my modding. lol. It's a great tool and has a great GUI.
unknownv2

Post by unknownv2 »

Forge 2.6 is out.

Added features:
-Support for the Mythic Map Pack
-You are now able to use your own KV by placing one in the start up directory

Vista Edition
XP Edition