Forge 2.5

Post utilities designed for Halo 3.
sneakyn8

Post by sneakyn8 »

Supermodder911 wrote:It's possible, but not necessary.
is there some method that im not aware of that is more convenient than copy paste next block copy paste etc because that can be quite tedious when theres thirty-two placement blocks
unknownv2

Post by unknownv2 »

sneakyn8 wrote:
is there some method that im not aware of that is more convenient than copy paste next block copy paste etc because that can be quite tedious when theres thirty-two placement blocks

Just use extract and inject. Or do it by hand maybe?
sneakyn8

Post by sneakyn8 »

unknownv2 wrote:
sneakyn8 wrote:

Just use extract and inject. Or do it by hand maybe?
ive been doing it by hand but extract and inject changes the placement aswell right?
Picceta

Foundry

Post by Picceta »

Nice app, but I found some errors :(

Basically my map is made out of sloped box's etc, so my idea was to edit the yaw/pitch/roll to make the first box 100% straight but slanted, and then copy those values for the rest to make easy interlocking. But when you change any of those values, the box just stands upright completely straight.

Also someone already mentioned but the "Place At Start" is the wrong way round, if it's set to no it's ticked and yeah, just the wrong way round lol.

And out of curiosity, do the Run Time Maximum options actually work? Haven't had a change to test that yet, same goes for the money options etc.
mxrider108

Renovator Wordewatician 250

Post by mxrider108 »

Picceta wrote:Basically my map is made out of sloped box's etc, so my idea was to edit the yaw/pitch/roll to make the first box 100% straight but slanted, and then copy those values for the rest to make easy interlocking. But when you change any of those values, the box just stands upright completely straight.
That may be due to the unknown rotations needing to be edited to match your y, p, and r values as well (see here for some idea of what I mean), or it could be that you are editing the values yourself incorrectly. I would recommend getting the rotation info you want from another object and either writing down the values or using Forge's "Extract Rotation" command.
Picceta wrote:And out of curiosity, do the Run Time Maximum options actually work? Haven't had a change to test that yet, same goes for the money options etc.
Editing the run time maximum, design time max, and budget beyond what is normally allowed in the game does not work - it simply resets to what it would be normally.
Picceta

Foundry

Post by Picceta »

That may be due to the unknown rotations needing to be edited to match your y, p, and r values as well (see here for some idea of what I mean), or it could be that you are editing the values yourself incorrectly. I would recommend getting the rotation info you want from another object and either writing down the values or using Forge's "Extract Rotation" command.
Oh I see, so I would need to go into hex to do this? And is there any way for me to know what to change the values too? And too find them in the hex?
Editing the run time maximum, design time max, and budget beyond what is normally allowed in the game does not work - it simply resets to what it would be normally.
What if say, I used all 24 double boxs, changed the run time maximum, and then cloned a chunk for a box to get a 25th. Would that work?

Thanks for the help :]
mxrider108

Renovator Wordewatician 250

Post by mxrider108 »

Picceta wrote:Oh I see, so I would need to go into hex to do this? And is there any way for me to know what to change the values to? And to find them in the hex?
It depends. I haven't actually used this app (Forge 2.3) to speak of, so I don't know if it lets you extract the unknown rotations too, or if it only extracts the yaw/pitch/roll. Try extracting/injecting the info from the object with desired rotation into all the boxes without desired rotation first. If that doesn't work, hex is your only other option. The unknown rotation values start 40 bytes into each placement block and are a total of 12 bytes in size (3 floats, each 4 bytes long).
Picceta wrote:What if say, I used all 24 double boxs, changed the run time maximum, and then cloned a chunk for a box to get a 25th. Would that work?
Not on any object normally spawnable in the game. It does work on objects such as trees, mounted missile pods, dismounted chainguns, effects, and everything else that isn't normally in Forge.
Picceta wrote:Thanks for the help :]
No problem :)
Picceta

Foundry

Post by Picceta »

Thanks man, think I'm gonna have a little play around and see the real potential of this app, I'm the type who uses the little tedious features that most people don't bother with lol.

I'll get back if I find anything that might be useful to anyone :]
uralllame

Wordewatician 250

Post by uralllame »

I tried extracting/injecting some chunks from map to map. When I loaded the new one, all the y, p and r values were reset to their original values. I think it may be something to do with this: Look about half way down.

You can link to specific posts, i.e. Image - V
Those who can't play, mod.
And those who can't mod, mod PC.
chillman1000

Post by chillman1000 »

it keeps failing to start because the application configuration is incorrect how can i fix this
unknownv2

Post by unknownv2 »

Do you have the latest .NET framework?
xI_V3n93ance_Ix

Post by xI_V3n93ance_Ix »

I cant get it to work ...
When I Debug the Project file it runs without a problem, when I compile the whole thing it just dont want anymore.
As x86 and x64 ...
I have every .net framework installed and it just dont work ...
Supermodder911

Connoisseur Coroner

Post by Supermodder911 »

Why do you have every .NET framework installed? You only need the latest one... Try re-downloading Forge.
C Wizzle
Supermodder911

Connoisseur Coroner

Post by Supermodder911 »

Updated.

Added Film/Clip support and cleaned up a few bugs.
C Wizzle
hockeyman271

Post by hockeyman271 »

just a question after i change info in the film in forge can i use the resigner built into forge on the film then dump it directly into my 360 WITHOUT having to resign it with any other programs?
Eaton

Enthraller

Post by Eaton »

hockeyman271 wrote:just a question after i change info in the film in forge can i use the resigner built into forge on the film then dump it directly into my 360 WITHOUT having to resign it with any other programs?
If Forge rehashes and resigns, yes. Once you click the "Resign" button, just put it on your Xbox 360 and you are good to go. Unless it is another person's film. You would need to change the IDs.
hockeyman271

Post by hockeyman271 »

umm well suppermodder? does it?
xbox

Blacksmith

Post by xbox »

Yes, it should.
Supermodder911

Connoisseur Coroner

Post by Supermodder911 »

Yes, it will rehash and resign.
C Wizzle