Snowblow

Post mods for Halo 3 here.
unknownv2

Snowblow

Post by unknownv2 »

My Halo 3 disc finally decided to load the maps (Not working right now though), so here is Snowblow. It is a Snowbound Canvas without the shield doors. Credit to Mason Cain for making the original canvas.

ImageImage

ImageImage
Attachments
usermapSnowblow.rar
(14.94 KiB) Downloaded 17 times
M715ForLife

Post by M715ForLife »

Woooo.

Bungie already did this.
Eaton

Enthraller

Post by Eaton »

Cool. How did you manage to remove the shield doors?
CompKronos

Wordewatician 250

Post by CompKronos »

Eaton wrote:Cool. How did you manage to remove the shield doors?
i think he would have moved them because you can't actually delete them without editing the .map file. (Only a guess, just want to see if i am right)
I <3 rant thread
unknownv2

Post by unknownv2 »

M715ForLife wrote:Woooo.

Bungie already did this.
Not those four though. That's why I posted this map.
I replicated Bungie's method of removing the other shield doors, except using a hex editor as I obviously don't have their special Forge which is just changing the chunk type.
CompKronos wrote:
i think he would have moved them because you can't actually delete them without editing the .map file. (Only a guess, just want to see if i am right)
No, I didn't move them.

Anyways, the shield doors are kinda stored in the usermap. They are part of the null, but not really null slots. Bungie didn't edit a single thing on the Snowbound map, they just knew what is stored on a usermap because they made them.
xXMockeyXx
Readers Club

Post by xXMockeyXx »

Very nice... are there other objects in maps like Shield doors in Epitaph and Snowbound that you can "make go away" -sorry I don't really know the word ha.

Maybe a tutorial :wink:
unknownv2

Post by unknownv2 »

xXMockeyXx wrote:Very nice... are there other objects in maps like Shield doors in Epitaph and Snowbound that you can "make go away" -sorry I don't really know the word ha.

Maybe a tutorial :wink:
I think you can make any object "disappear" as long as it has chunk in the usermap. I've did it to the Snowbound turrets and the Elephants so far and it worked. Basically, to do this, null the whole chunk then change the chunk type to Reserved.
CompKronos

Wordewatician 250

Post by CompKronos »

sorry to ask but i am just eager to understand your method; anyway, if i understand you correctly you are saying that you essentially nulled out the place chunk of the shield doors. Also you have "erased" other objects but nullifying them and then moving this nulled chunk into the the reserved slots?

Neat, nice find, both the shield doors and the recycle-bin esque removal of items
I <3 rant thread
unknownv2

Post by unknownv2 »

CompKronos wrote:sorry to ask but i am just eager to understand your method; anyway, if i understand you correctly you are saying that you essentially nulled out the place chunk of the shield doors. Also you have "erased" other objects but nullifying them and then moving this nulled chunk into the the reserved slots?

Neat, nice find, both the shield doors and the recycle-bin esque removal of items
The shield doors are already null, which is why they appear to be just normal null chunks.

Yes, nulling then changing the chunk type is what I did for other objects.