Forge Gametype

Post mods for Halo 3 here.
mxrider108

Renovator Wordewatician 250

Post by mxrider108 »

Hmmm....would CTF forge be possible then?
unknownv2

Post by unknownv2 »

I'm grounded for week off my 360, so no can do.

But someone but maybe someone else Can host it.

CTF Forge, I don't know, you change the gametype so it probably won't be able to spawn any flags.
Shock120

Post by Shock120 »

nevermind.
Last edited by Shock120 on Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shock120 on XLink & XBC
CompKronos

Wordewatician 250

Post by CompKronos »

hmm... now all i wish is that we could create a forge gametype with the spawn menu disable forge mode possible and when you touch the ground, the guardians kill you. Then i could make my Floating Elephant pirateship match, that would be awesome.
I <3 rant thread
unknownv2

Post by unknownv2 »

CompKronos wrote:hmm... now all i wish is that we could create a forge gametype with the spawn menu disable forge mode possible and when you touch the ground, the guardians kill you. Then i could make my Floating Elephant pirateship match, that would be awesome.
Ok...
ManBearPig_06

Post by ManBearPig_06 »

[IA]Paul wrote:That's great! Looking good.

One more thing: Could anyone be so kind to host a game with this gametype for me? I don't have an Xsata cable, and I could really have use for this gametype.
It's a forge game, so it doesn't show up in your recent games. There is no way for you to save it.
CompKronos

Wordewatician 250

Post by CompKronos »

unknownv2 wrote:
CompKronos wrote:hmm... now all i wish is that we could create a forge gametype with the spawn menu disable forge mode possible and when you touch the ground, the guardians kill you. Then i could make my Floating Elephant pirateship match, that would be awesome.
Ok...
hey if i could actually make that work it would be amazing, just right now most of it is fairly conceptual so it sounds wierd but right now i think i can do about two thirds of it, can't make elephants fly yet or change the guardian ai to expand their range, and disable spawn menu but oh it would be epic.

also could you give a little hint as to where own would look to extract a game type from a film i would really appreciate it.
I <3 rant thread
unknownv2

Post by unknownv2 »

CompKronos wrote:
unknownv2 wrote:
Ok...
hey if i could actually make that work it would be amazing, just right now most of it is fairly conceptual so it sounds wierd but right now i think i can do about two thirds of it, can't make elephants fly yet or change the guardian ai to expand their range, and disable spawn menu but oh it would be epic.

also could you give a little hint as to where own would look to extract a game type from a film i would really appreciate it.
http://forums.halomods.com/viewtopic.php?t=79440
CompKronos

Wordewatician 250

Post by CompKronos »

i meant by hand but oh well... to my XBOX!... in two weeks from now :(
I <3 rant thread
Zora

Post by Zora »

This is Epic, I had no idea this was even possible! Nice find! :D
Veteran Halo 1 and 2 Mapmaker and Modder.
[IA]Paul

Enthraller

Post by [IA]Paul »

ManBearPig_06 wrote:
[IA]Paul wrote:It's a forge game, so it doesn't show up in your recent games. There is no way for you to save it.
Correction: It's not a forge gametype. It's a slayer gametype that has the forge traits. That's why you can download it and play it.

So I ask again, can someone host it for me?
Proclaimer001 wrote:It's going to take more than one drunk prostitiute to bring down ShamWoW Guy!
This thread is why 14-year-olds are looked down on on the internet.
unknownv2

Post by unknownv2 »

ManBearPig_06 wrote:
[IA]Paul wrote:It's a forge game, so it doesn't show up in your recent games. There is no way for you to save it.
Correction: It's not a forge gametype. It's a slayer gametype that has the forge traits. That's why you can download it and play it.

Actually, it would treat the gametype as Forge and since there is no listing for Forge gametypes in Halo 3, it won't.
ManBearPig_06

Post by ManBearPig_06 »

[IA]Paul wrote:
ManBearPig_06 wrote:It's a forge game, so it doesn't show up in your recent games. There is no way for you to save it.

...which is why you can't save it. The gametype is now forge, and in Forge no maps or gametypes show up in your recent's. Also, I said Forge GAME not GAMETYPE.

The only way you will be getting this gametype without any transfer method is through fileshares, and since the new detection system is active (no more bluffing bullshit like before), have fun getting someone to upload it.
unknownv2

Post by unknownv2 »

ManBearPig_06 wrote:
[IA]Paul wrote:
ManBearPig_06 wrote:It's a forge game, so it doesn't show up in your recent games. There is no way for you to save it.

...which is why you can't save it. The gametype is now forge, and in Forge no maps or gametypes show up in your recent's. Also, I said Forge GAME not GAMETYPE.

The only way you will be getting this gametype without any transfer method is through fileshares, and since the new detection system is active (no more bluffing *** like before), have fun getting someone to upload it.
Actually someone already did.
uralllame

Wordewatician 250

Post by uralllame »

This is awesome!
Those who can't play, mod.
And those who can't mod, mod PC.
Mon

Post by Mon »

Great, great... Nice find. :D
Shock120

Post by Shock120 »

unknownv2 wrote:
ManBearPig_06 wrote:

Actually, it would treat the gametype as Forge and since there is no listing for Forge gametypes in Halo 3, it won't.
could the same trick be applied to campaign?
Have the same traits as campaign co-op?
Co-op respawns?
Shock120 on XLink & XBC
xbox

Blacksmith

Post by xbox »

I believe that it has been found that campaign isn't a gametype.
Shock120

Post by Shock120 »

xbox wrote:I believe that it has been found that campaign isn't a gametype.
read again I said traits. Campaign & Forge = Game mode
also could we have Infection Forge?
Shock120 on XLink & XBC
xbox

Blacksmith

Post by xbox »

Shock120 wrote:
xbox wrote:I believe that it has been found that campaign isn't a gametype.
read again I said traits.
also could we have Infection Forge?
This was only possible because forge is a gametype.
And I think it was also already stated that infection forge could be done but that would be an extremely hectic and impossible gametype to play.