Sorry for sounding like a noob

Discussion about modding Halo 3.
HaLo2FrEeEk

Sorry for sounding like a noob

Post by HaLo2FrEeEk »

Hey, sorry I'm gonna sound liek a noob here, but Ineed some help. I finally got up the nerve to take apart my 360 HDD. I have a 20GB version and I made a backup of it. I've downloaded a few of the tools here, like the container tool and the screenshot tool, but I can't figure out what I need to extract from Xplorer360 to get the container or the screenshots. I know the Halo 3 folder is 4D5307E6, and inside it are the screenshot, film, and usermap variants. They have no extension though, and I don't know what to o with them. I'd like to start out by getting all my screenshots, just as a test, but I'd also like to be able to edit my films to have recon armor or flame helmet and maybe add a bunch of spartans into a map. I don't know how to do it though. Can someone help me out please? Where do I start?

For the record I've unplugged my 360 HDD from my computer, I've just got the backup now.
ImpactPro

Re: Sorry for sounding like a noob

Post by ImpactPro »

They are in the CON container which has no file extention, they are named like screenshotXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX and you could use wxPirs to extract the file and use one of the many tools here to view/convert it. I like Anthony's tool myself.
HaLo2FrEeEk

Post by HaLo2FrEeEk »

Anthony's doesn't work for me, apparently you have to have your HDD plugged in through XSATA or XPort for that to work and since I have mine plugged directly into the motherboard via a SATA cable it won't work.
uralllame

Wordewatician 250

Post by uralllame »

The latest version allows you to open screenshot CON files you extracted yourself. It's good
Those who can't play, mod.
And those who can't mod, mod PC.
shade45

Translator Artisan Enthraller Logistician
Stylist Wave Firestorm New Age

Post by shade45 »

Don't XSata and Xport just convert to a sata connection anyways (I've never used them)... I don't see why it wouldn't work, maybe installing the xplorer 360 drivers would fix the problem.
ImpactPro

Post by ImpactPro »

shade45 wrote:Don't XSata and Xport just convert to a sata connection anyways (I've never used them)... I don't see why it wouldn't work, maybe installing the xplorer 360 drivers would fix the problem.
They connect them to a USB connection :)
Last edited by ImpactPro on Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HaLo2FrEeEk

Post by HaLo2FrEeEk »

uralllame wrote:The latest version allows you to open screenshot CON files you extracted yourself. It's good
The file has been deleted from the server, I tried downloading that one. I guess I'm stuck with just extracting the screens myself in a hex editor.