Spawning with a Flamethrower

Discussion about modding Halo 3.
wo0ts

Spawning with a Flamethrower

Post by wo0ts »

i used an gametype making app and changed the spawn weapon to a flamethrower but it didnt work is it even possible to spawn with one?
also can i go over the one flamethrower limit on a map by placing grenades or something on the map and swaping them for flamethrowers?
unknownv2

Re: Spawning with a Flamethrower

Post by unknownv2 »

wo0ts wrote:i used an gametype making app and changed the spawn weapon to a flamethrower but it didnt work is it even possible to spawn with one?
also can i go over the one flamethrower limit on a map by placing grenades or something on the map and swaping them for flamethrowers?
It might the map you are playing on? I'm not sure if every map supports flamethrowers.

To the second question, I think Veegie and Anthony placed multiple flamethrowers on Snowbound, so it might work. Not too sure because you can't place more than the allowed Hornets on Sandtrap.
wo0ts

Re: Spawning with a Flamethrower

Post by wo0ts »

unknownv2 wrote:
wo0ts wrote:i used an gametype making app and changed the spawn weapon to a flamethrower but it didnt work is it even possible to spawn with one?
It might the map you are playing on? I'm not sure if every map supports flamethrowers.

To the second question, I think Veegie and Anthony placed multiple flamethrowers on Snowbound, so it might work. Not too sure because you can't place more than the allowed Hornets on Sandtrap.
its on construct so it does support the flamethrower i think il just play around with something and see if i doing it wrong and il try placing multiple flamethrowers on the map but would they respawn?
uralllame

Wordewatician 250

Post by uralllame »

They wouldn't spawn at all. The flamethrower has a maximum design time of 1, and you can't change that :(.
Those who can't play, mod.
And those who can't mod, mod PC.
TheEazyB

Post by TheEazyB »

You cannot exceed the design time maximum with a usermap mod, if you edit the gametype primary weapon to a flamethrower you can have multiple on the map.
They cant keep a good man down
Always keep a smile when them want see me frown
They will never ever take I&I crown
wo0ts

Post by wo0ts »

Damn well every time I make a gametype that is supposed to spawn with a flame thrower it just spawns as an assault rifle
Does anyone else have this problem?
unknownv2

Post by unknownv2 »

I just made a gametype with flamethrower start it and it worked perfectly...
wo0ts

Post by wo0ts »

Idk why it wasn't working for me then
I'll try it again when I get home
TheEazyB

Post by TheEazyB »

wo0ts wrote:Idk why it wasn't working for me then
I'll try it again when I get home
Most likely because the map you are trying does not support flamethrowers. It should work if you edit the gametype correctly.
scynide

Articulatist 100

Post by scynide »

I'm also having this issue. I have tried it on every map. I made a game type in Halo 3, set up everything how I wanted it, Named it, transferred it to my PC, changed the primary weapon to the Flamethrower (Saved and resigned), and transferred back. I spawn with an Assault Rifle. :? What Program did you use? And did you change any other settings before you edited it? (While in H3: Damage multiplier, ect.)
guysullavin

Post by guysullavin »

wow... have NONE of you played flamefest? jesus, allright, if you want the gametype add me ( Guy Sullavin ) and we'll play a match then you get it from there k?
Not Removing until Prototype comes out. Started 1/7/2009
obj1: DUDE'S GOT A POINT....I GIVE THIS PRODUCT A TRY....HELL WHAT COULD GO WRONG!
waev: caps lock might
scynide

Articulatist 100

Post by scynide »

Alright, Will do.
TheEazyB

Post by TheEazyB »

scynide wrote:I'm also having this issue. I have tried it on every map. I made a game type in Halo 3, set up everything how I wanted it, Named it, transferred it to my PC, changed the primary weapon to the Flamethrower (Saved and resigned), and transferred back. I spawn with an Assault Rifle. :? What Program did you use? And did you change any other settings before you edited it? (While in H3: Damage multiplier, ect.)
I used Hex workshop to do it. The way you are describing it sounds like you are having another setting overriding the primary weapon to flamethrower.
unknownv2

Post by unknownv2 »

scynide wrote:I'm also having this issue. I have tried it on every map. I made a game type in Halo 3, set up everything how I wanted it, Named it, transferred it to my PC, changed the primary weapon to the Flamethrower (Saved and resigned), and transferred back. I spawn with an Assault Rifle. :? What Program did you use? And did you change any other settings before you edited it? (While in H3: Damage multiplier, ect.)
I changed a whole lot of settings, I was testing something out.

It's really simple, if you edit the right place with the right value, you are going to have a flamethrower.
scynide

Articulatist 100

Post by scynide »

Nevermind, I figured it out. Don't edit any gametype settings in Halo 3 before you change it to a flamethrower. Just save a default gametype (slayer, infection, king of the hill, etc.) transfer to your comp etc, and then edit in your flamethrower. Save, resign, and transfer back to your 360 HD. You can then tweek the settings in Halo 3 as long as you don't change the primary weapon (It will be a blank spot), you will still spawn with a flamethrower. You can save it and edit the description too. The only downside is that you can't spawn with a secondary weapon. :?