HaloMods Hosting & Subdomains

Is somebody flaming or causing problems? Is there a post that is too large for content? Moderators will check here often to discover problems quickly.
SourceGuy
Readers Club

Magic Era Golden Age Tsunami Scorched Earth

HaloMods Hosting & Subdomains

Post by SourceGuy »

As per an excellent suggestion by xbox7887, I'm hereby opening up a HaloMods hosting and subdomain service.

HaloMods Hosting means that you get 5 gigabytes of webspace on the HaloMods server. You can pick a subdomain of your choice to point to that directory, for example: SourceGuy.HaloMods.com. You get an FTP account, PHP support and a MySQL database to go with it. Bandwith usage falls under a sort of fair use policy: if you're hogging bandwith you'll get a warning. I know this sounds vague, but expect things to be fine unless you're running a big site with many large files and many visitors. The server has a 20mbit uplink.
What you don't get is any guarantees of any sort: No backups will be made, no uptime regulations. If the server crashes and your data is gone I won't be responsible. No servicedesk either. If things stop working, I'll fix them as soon as possible - but no guarantees. No cPanel: You can't change any settings, passwords, whatsoever.
How much does it cost? $5/month for 5 gigs, $10/month for 10 gigs, etc. To avoid an administrative hell, I ask you to pay 6 months up front. If somehow problems occur within those 6 months you'll get the money for the time it didn't work back.

HaloMods Subdomains means that you get yourself a HaloMods subdomain such as 'Something.HaloMods.com' and have it redirect to your own hosting service. Ask your hosting provider how this works. It costs $1.50 a month, and you pay 12 months up front.

Payment goes via PayPal. If you want to use the service, send me a PM with your preferred password, subdomain and paypal account details.

Note: Depending on how many users make use of this, I will see how far I can cut back on the ads on the site. I know the in-line ads are considered most annoying, so they go first. We'll see how it works out. Also, if too few users are interested in hosting to ensure continuity the coming 1-2 weeks, the offer might be cancelled.
Eaton

Enthraller

Re: HaloMods Hosting & Subdomains

Post by Eaton »

Indeed, this is a great idea. I might actually consider it, but my 5kb/sec uploading speed begs to differ. :|
FleetAdmiralBacon

Critic Pyre Articulatist 500

Re: HaloMods Hosting & Subdomains

Post by FleetAdmiralBacon »

I should do this with my domains...
Everything you'll ever need to know about me.
Need help with Linux, C#, C, Python, Java, PHP, Javascript, CSS, or VB? I'm available from 3:00PM-8:00PM EST on weekdays.