An alternative solution...

Is somebody flaming or causing problems? Is there a post that is too large for content? Moderators will check here often to discover problems quickly.
JacksonCougAr

Recreator

An alternative solution...

Post by JacksonCougAr »

I think what might be a valid approach at helping solve the failing finances of Halomods is not to inundate the users with obnoxious and unnecessary advertisements everywhere in the forums, but instead go the route that many private torrent tracking websites have gone. By relying on user donations and giving the user who donate some image or badge of recognition which sets them apart from other users, or some privileges above that of a normal user, and visually shows their support of the site. One method which me and a friend have briefly discussed would be to assign an emblem to each user who donates for that month, when the month has gone by the emblem can go away as both a visual reminder to donate again, if that is what the user wants, or as a sign to show that they are no longer donating. An emblem is a nice way of showing the donations being made without being intrusive to other users, and provides a sense of reward to those who donate.

However, I would not personally donate any money to this site, and this is what I was referring to in my previous post. I would not donate unless all the ads were removed, except perhaps one text-based Google ad at the top of the page like Halomods had before Grenadiac transferred the website to your control.
Cuda

Grunge

Re: An alternative solution...

Post by Cuda »

Emblem system doesn't work here anymore.
JacksonCougAr

Recreator

Post by JacksonCougAr »

You have a dev team, fix it.
SourceGuy
Readers Club

Magic Era Golden Age Tsunami Scorched Earth

Post by SourceGuy »

How about you stop ordering us around, and stop making new topics for your posts when they should go in the existing topic.