Spoilers/Guesses about H3

General discussion of Halo 3.
a mammoth

Droplet

Post by a mammoth »

Armed Civilian wrote:well regardless.

trust me... you would die so fast.
Well plasma=Slow. Sos if you weave alot you might be able to get to some cover let your shields recharge and do it again. But don't assume to much Civilian.
My real name is a Mammoth, if someone who cares sees this, please change my name to a Mammoth
Dr.Cox

Grunge Pyre Mad Hatter

Post by Dr.Cox »

your not thinking....

3000+ elites in a mas battles.. not to mention hunters and sniping jackalz.
Not removing this 'till I get back. Leaving on [01/05/09]
a mammoth

Droplet

Post by a mammoth »

3000+ in a fight, thats not happening. Its probally gonna be more like fifty to one hundred. 360 can't do 3000 AIs at once if its going to be good AI.
My real name is a Mammoth, if someone who cares sees this, please change my name to a Mammoth
Dr.Cox

Grunge Pyre Mad Hatter

Post by Dr.Cox »

then thats not a mass battle the did 50 to llike a hundred in halo 2.... >_>
sniperwolf

halo3

Post by sniperwolf »

yea, Armed Civilian has a point. But the fact of the matter is that were all reliying on hopes at the moment and thats the best we have. The 360's prossesor would have enough ability to place, say, 1-1.5 thousand active AI units however do you really want to be fighting those alone? So basicaly what Im saying is you might have 1.5 thousand active AI on a feild at once but Bungie would definately throw in your men for about half of that 1.5 thousand so virtualy your only fighting 750 thousand covi, Which is still ALOT. Also lets get one thing strait to have an epedemic battle of mass proportion like your proposing you would need to have a gargantuan feild to acomidate everyone. So even if they did put something in like that the game wouldn't say "go kill em" like you all want, instead it would give you an objective to cripple the covi so there goes your awsome battle right there. Anywho, going along with the multi-player affect the maps (I think) will be huge so that the 360 can be put to the ultumate test.100 players on 1 map!Now that would kickA**!also keep in mind tht I'm not saying all the maps should be able to acomidate 100 people, just a good few. that way ther are still small maps like Lockout for say 20 or less people :D.Now who could argue with that?!
Explosive American

Re: halo3

Post by Explosive American »

sniperwolf wrote:So basicaly what Im saying is you might have 1.5 thousand active AI on a feild at once but Bungie would definately throw in your men for about half of that 1.5 thousand so virtualy your only fighting 750 thousand covi...
I move that sniperwolf exercise his authority over his own edit button.
Current Projects:
M-42 Cannon
Damorian

Wordewatician 50

Post by Damorian »

If you think that Halo 3 will have (or even be able to accomodate) 1-1.5k ai your an idiot. With the new graphics that Halo 3 is going to have I imagine it will have about the same amount of ai as there were in Halo and Halo 2.
Dr.Cox

Grunge Pyre Mad Hatter

Post by Dr.Cox »

Damorian.. fix your avatar its over sized max limit is 90x90
Explosive American

Post by Explosive American »

I thought it was 80x80
Current Projects:
M-42 Cannon
a mammoth

Droplet

Post by a mammoth »

They changed it. Its now 90x90.
But halo 2 only did like 20 max AI at once. There won't be thousands of AI on the field at once. If you look at ninety nine nights, they have like 2000 max at once, thats a fighting game with lame AI that doesn't need to think much. FPS AI needs to do alot more thinking to make it awesome. But I think there will be something like 50-100 AI at once on the field. Maybe 200 if bungie is absoulutly amazing.
Dr.Cox

Grunge Pyre Mad Hatter

Post by Dr.Cox »

wrong halo 2 has 100<battles reMember the arbiter battles with the flood and sentinels?
a mammoth

Droplet

Post by a mammoth »

Do you count infection forms as full blown AI? And no did you count them, its more like 30ish.
Dr.Cox

Grunge Pyre Mad Hatter

Post by Dr.Cox »

no there was alot more than 30... the combat forms the major setinels the infected marines. your arbiter crew. and this is on ledgendary. so theres alot more enimes.
a mammoth

Droplet

Post by a mammoth »

I'm not a newb, I've beaten legendary. But what part of which level are you talking about exactly?
Dominatr

Post by Dominatr »

Joe333 wrote:according to the release date listed here. They say March 2007

http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?fs=1&id=2606
And Halo 2 was released on 6/6/04 :wink:
Last edited by Dominatr on Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
a mammoth

Droplet

Post by a mammoth »

No it was released on november ninth...2004, not a funny joke. I believe and thats old news.
sniperwolf

whoa!My Bad Everbody!

Post by sniperwolf »

ok, my bad everbody, i meant 1.5 hundread not thousand.(I was realy tired but i love this site so I couldn't resist joining the fun). so I'm sincerly sorry everbody :oops: .(won't happen again!)Also at the time I was taking into account the AI that kind of stands out of the map that you can see fighting amongst themslves.
(under breath)100 people on 1 muti-player map would be cool though.
{TLS} UPSman

Post by {TLS} UPSman »

you know what i want to see?
PRONE!!!
you know what would be even cooler?
decals on bipeds!
as in
shooting bullet holes into a grunt
or
CUTTING AN ELITES HEAD OFF WITH YOUR ENERGY SWORD!
that would own so much!
i would buy the game if they did that, only if it was like 1 level and no MP. i would just sit there all day chopping a few dead elites to lil chunkies and feeding them to grunts :twisted:
gh0570fchurch

Snitch!

Post by gh0570fchurch »

{TLS} UPSman wrote:CUTTING AN ELITES HEAD OFF WITH YOUR ENERGY SWORD!
Though I do like some of your ideas, not so much for this one.
Dr.Cox wrote:gh0570fchurch has a mexi-stash. =D
sniperwolf

WHAT!!!

Post by sniperwolf »

R U crazy dude that would be so awsome!(lol chunkies).However, If they do that then the game would have a diffrent rating and those poor kids that can't have anything over "T" would miss out. Second, some people arn't into that kinda thing so they should make it to were you could turn it off...But Still people Chunkies! :D