What will Halo 3 be like?

General discussion of Halo 3.
james587

Post by james587 »

for ppl that like drive-by shootings, like mentioned previously, u can do that in a hog or spectre,( hog though looks cooler) just get somone to drive and in the sideseat u can drive by and shoot them with the magnum or smg, too bad u cant dual-wield in the car :twisted:
Edwin

Post by Edwin »

TheGovenator wrote:Halo 3 will definitely be made for Xbox 2. No one creates such an awesome game, huge fan base, makes that much money and then leaves all of us out to dry... It's NOT smart on their part; look for a Halo 3 on Xbox 2. Like you needed me to say that :roll:. I'm sure everyone knows it's inevitable, give them like 2.5 yrs. (my guess)
man i will personally hunt them down one by one and shoot them if they put halo 3 on x-box 2. I just (in december) bought an x-box so i could play halo 2, and then the third one comes out on x-box 2? :murdurous_glare:
"If you go to Z'ha'dum you will die."
Tack122

Post by Tack122 »

so you dont want new features in halo 3?

halo 2 was a little past the limits that the xbox was made to do...

they couldnt do anything new without xbox 2... and why not put it on xbox 2?

because a few fans cant get an xbox 2? (im one of them lol)
And remember people!
this place should have no affect on the other forum!
TheGovenator

Post by TheGovenator »

Dang this topic is still going! Halo 3 will be unlike anything we've ever seen. It will blow you away like a BJ from a dhyme :wink: .
I vill destroy Noobs, make arms & legs tvitch when die!
I Trunks I

Post by I Trunks I »

right now on xbox.ign is

Halo 3
Boards Guide FAQs Cheats Reviews Previews News Features

Capitalizing on the blockbuster FPS from Bungie, Microsoft is planning to release the third edition in the epic series as a full-fledged next-gen title in time to compete with the release of the rival PlayStation 3 system.

News

Shane Kim Talks Next Gen - April 5, 2005
MGS's general manager reveals tidbits on Rare's future, Xbox and Xbox 360 sequels.

Bungie Expands for Halo 3 - March 7, 2005
The company grows staff in anticipation of the next generation.

this is all there is right now on that page for the data so right now all we know is it is being discussed not sure if it is in development...
james587

Post by james587 »

wow, unbelievable this is about the most posts ive had in a topic i ever created :o great to see all the ideas ppl have, though i hope they do one thing in halo 3: make a mission where u fly the longsword fighter and bomb troops! :twisted:
R-Manta ray

Location: Either asleep, at school, in the pool, or at a computer!

Post by R-Manta ray »

Sorry 'bout the bump guys...I just wanted to throw in my ideas.

1) I read that they were aiming to realease Halo 3 very close to, if not on the same day as, the realease of the Playstation 3.

2) For Halo 3, I was thinking that it would be kinda cool that if when Master Cheif goes back to another Halo, or wherever he will go next, between missions, instead of (or along with) the cutscenes, the Master Cheif could get his own Pelican, load it up with Marines, and fly to the next location, and he would start the next mission with those marines, maybe every once in a while he would get more, but it would show how well he survives in battle (while the marines are dying off, and slowly your aid dwindles as you approach the end of the game). Maybe, you have a destination that you have to get to in the pelican, but not only would there be radio transmissions and funny marine comments to lessen the boredom, but sometimes you would get attacked by covenant air troops, and if you are over water, you have to fly your pelican around and shoot them with whatever, or if you are over ground, maybe you could get out and fight them from the ground.

I don't know...that sounded pretty fun to me...but maybe not.
I think it would be cool to transport yourself from mission to mission...maybe like the Pelican could pick up a vehicle before you move on to the next spot, so you could have it at the next level?

Well...thanks for reading this (if you did) and if you want to you can leave feedback on my ideas.

~Manta~
james587

Post by james587 »

actually i sorta expected this for halo 2
FiReToY

Literarian 100

Post by FiReToY »

dont know if i commented on this before but i know what halo3 SHOULD have in it not just expect to have in it...(someone relate this to the bungie website because there forums aren't working for me)...

First i played a lot of fps on console games so i have an idea of what people want and enjoy in these type games....

First a bigger outdoor arena....(with open skies)...we are visually effected by open skies for some reason. One of the best levels in halo 1 was AOTCR and the "final run" (forgot actual level title), on halo i believe because it was an open aired map free to roam. Not too big like tribes were you have to snipe EVERYTHING and its annoying just to walk around, but big enough where you have a good option to take a hog/ghost and fly around and do carnage or just walk and enjoy the battlescenes...which bring me to the next thing....

Large scale battles...i thought the idea they had with the brutes fighting the covienant was amazing and the ai REALLY shows (as in an earlier video i posted WAY BACK), where you can sit back and let the ai fight each other instead of always charging in and killing everything. In halo one it was the flood vs covienant and in halo 2 it was the brutes vs the covienants...it would be great to have a LARGER scale battle (the 360 can handle it look at the demo vids), where you feel you ARE in a war and have to fight for your life. (humans vs covienant on earth?).

Now this may sound contradicting (spelling), but they should also have a darker side or tunneled type action when fighting the flood (there will be flood in halo 3 because we don't know anything really about gravemind), so keep it erie. In halo the initial shock of the flood was the scary part, in halo 2 it was there new sinister screetch (which still scares me), when they come at you.....Also since we are talking about the flood, with the a 360's power they should have the flood be more like its suppost to be A FLOOD...more more more. In halo 1 you understoond there name because there was so many of them that it overwhelmes you, but in halo 2 there really wasnt that much flood fights that had you clinching your chair (or sofa or carpet).

Thats all i have right now....theres more but i wanna comment on waht the guy above me wrote...

they have that type of scenerio in the first halo when you start off most of the game with your buddies, but they slowly die off and you are left alone with the flood (like in the library). Its not exactly like you said but, i felt it sticks more to the halo first person shooter then your idea, because yours made it more familiar with an rpg...on building up yoru team and such...but eh whatever....

OH ONE MORE THING....this is what i want bungie! - more CUSTOM stuff...i love the custom armor in halo 2, we need MORE More MORE, custom team stuff would be neat (such as badges, hogs, flags) or downloadable gamesaves from xbx live profiles of gamers...would also be cool...so if we are stuck with a certain part we can download a game save and get past it or, unlock things, or even download a teams logo/badge which would be IDEAL for there clans...just and idea...

"...you ask for light..so i set myself on fire..." -audioslave
R-Manta ray

Location: Either asleep, at school, in the pool, or at a computer!

Post by R-Manta ray »

Well...I didn't really mean for it to sound like an rpg...I just meant that there would be a small band of marines that would follow you...and everyonce in a while you would get more if you weren't good enough too keep them for a while.

And firetoy - I pretty much agree with everything else you said.

~Manta~
DoMiNaTiOn

Post by DoMiNaTiOn »

I wanna drive tha Scarab :evil: :evil: :evil:

Flatten everyone by stepping on them.
You guys know that wierd plasma cannon that you only see in the cut scene? I wanna shoot it.
FiReToY

Literarian 100

Post by FiReToY »

R-Manta Ray wrote:Well...I didn't really mean for it to sound like an rpg...I just meant that there would be a small band of marines that would follow you...and everyonce in a while you would get more if you weren't good enough too keep them for a while.

And firetoy - I pretty much agree with everything else you said.

~Manta~
ahhh...i see

BeastlyHands

Post by BeastlyHands »

The custimizable stuff would be sweet like the clan leader could make emblems and the clan could download it.

Im glad that halo 3 wont come out untill next year becuase if they rushed it then it probuly will suck but if they take there time it will be 1337!!!

Untill then Ill just have to keep playin macthmaking...
james587

Post by james587 »

it would be neat i think to have subs that u can pilot underwater. then they could add machine guns and torpedos and that vehicle would 0Wn.
FiReToY

Literarian 100

Post by FiReToY »

james587 wrote:it would be neat i think to have subs that u can pilot underwater. then they could add machine guns and torpedos and that vehicle would 0Wn.
interesting idea, and uncharted territory in halo...but i wonder if they would have lag and water issues like they had in water-type combat in halo ce it was cool but not fun because it was uber glitchy...

AbeFroman

Wordewatician 500

Post by AbeFroman »

hmmm...the warthog could use some more realism, they should give it a realistic gearbox, so it sounds more realistic and can realisticly go faster, like in realistic life (please dont flame if i said realistic too much :P )
"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go."
- T.S. Eliot
FiReToY

Literarian 100

Post by FiReToY »

deathkitten wrote:hmmm...the warthog could use some more realism, they should give it a realistic gearbox, so it sounds more realistic and can realisticly go faster, like in realistic life (please dont flame if i said realistic too much :P )
you said it to much, you have to remember though, although halo has some realistic themes, its pretty much a run and gun shooter...not a sim (*cough* tom clancy *cough*), so lets not get to real shall we? they did mention in the disc dvd that they did do such things...(although you REALLY have to listen with surround sound to really hear the change), but the hog now has at least 2-3 gears...1-2 you can board 3+ you can't get on, you get splattered...but as long as they don't change the handleing, i with they made it a bit faster like it was in halo 1, because for some reason now it seems slower (maybe just me), and we can have more ariel hogz, they should give it a tougher skin.

james587

Post by james587 »

firetoy wrote:
james587 wrote:it would be neat i think to have subs that u can pilot underwater. then they could add machine guns and torpedos and that vehicle would 0Wn.
interesting idea, and uncharted territory in halo...but i wonder if they would have lag and water issues like they had in water-type combat in halo ce it was cool but not fun because it was uber glitchy...
ya but this is xbox 360 its going on its prolly like some super computer with dual 4.0 giga hertz processors and like a 40 gig hardrive and a 1000 megabyte vid card and like 4 gigabytes of ram. i doubt it will lag on a high performance computer like 360 but still ur right, it did lag in CE.
FiReToY

Literarian 100

Post by FiReToY »

james587 wrote:
firetoy wrote:
ya but this is xbox 360 its going on its prolly like some super computer with dual 4.0 giga hertz processors and like a 40 gig hardrive and a 1000 megabyte vid card and like 4 gigabytes of ram. i doubt it will lag on a high performance computer like 360 but still ur right, it did lag in CE.

haha 360 isnt a high proformace game machines, it is just a bit more then the original xbox was (like twice as much), does have 20 gig hdd, the ps3 on the other hand has close to that power duel 3.2 (i think), ibm processors, and two videocards that both run in hi-definition.... plus i don't think it was our computer causing the mess ups it was the code, so unless they figure out a way to balance the code and STILL make the water look gorgeous, then they probably wont mess with it...

james587

Post by james587 »

actually now that i think of it they prolly wont make an underwater mission cause it prolly wont feel like halo. like the dash that mc was supposed to be able to do in halo 2 they took it away because they said it didnt feel like halo. so i guess they wont make an underwater mission if it doesnt feel like halo.