Definitions and Terms

Post tutorials for Halo2 Vista editing here.
xxQTip05xx

Definitions and Terms

Post by xxQTip05xx »

.ass (amalgam scene specification): (source file type) An intermediary format file produced by the 3ds Max exporter. When run through Halo 2 Tool, .ass files generate .scenario and .scenario_structure_bsp files, which can then be edited by other tools.

base directory: A directory that contains data and tags folders for Halo 2 Map Editor design.

.bitmap: (Halo 2 file type) An image file that is referenced by other Halo 2 file assets. For example, a .shader file references a .bitmap file for the image of a texture.

.bmp (Windows bitmap): (source file type) An image file used internally by Windows
johnnyblaz20

Articulatist 250

Post by johnnyblaz20 »

isnt this all basic knowledge?
HBjims

Post by HBjims »

All you did was copy it from the tutorial that came with the map editior. You didn't tell us anything extra.

If you changed all that technical jargon into words we can understand more easily, that would be worth a tutorial. But this, is nothing more than just a copy and paste expedition.

I'm sorry to say this, but this doesn't deserve to even be a topic. If I wanted to look at these defintions, I would look at my own guide, or go to halomaps.org. No offense or anything to you, but next time you make a tutorial, try to make it something that I can learn something from.