Gravemind Beta v1.3 Updated 2/8/08

Put all utilities related to Halo2 Vista here.
DarkDead

Post by DarkDead »

Who deserves credit if he hasn't done or given anything? i don't understand this place, is this like a show off of theorical skills but no real hard proof given to the public? great.

I think some people may need to check the definition of community and learn to share that's when they'll get credit.
ShadowSpartan

Post by ShadowSpartan »

DarkDead wrote:Who deserves credit if he hasn't done or given anything? i don't understand this place, is this like a show off of theorical skills but no real hard proof given to the public? great.

I think some people may need to check the definition of community and learn to share that's when they'll get credit.
Well, maybe if you had more than three posts you would know some stuff. For instance, the kind of tools the team I am on has developed. And by the way we don't plan on showing anymore tools because the last time we did so, a lot of the people here threw a big hissy fit.

Also, you need to go check the definition of community yourself, and then decide if you are a part of it. Three posts hardly count as being part of a community.
kibito87 wrote:Somebody who deserves more credit than given. Trust me.
Thanks.
DarkDead

Post by DarkDead »

I had another account on the good old files.halomods.com forums and also on this one but i forgot it, decided to come back see how things evolved, turns out there's nothing such as prometheus and only people speculating it seems, well I am off this place because this is dead and full of people like you.

By the by sorry for this offtopic.
Shock120

Post by Shock120 »

ShadowSpartan wrote:...the kind of tools the team I am on has developed. And by the way we don't plan on showing anymore tools because the last time we did so, a lot of the people here threw a big hissy fit.
Any of these tools for H2V? :D
What are they anyway? :roll:
Shock120 on XLink & XBC
BrainEater

Wordewatician 100

Post by BrainEater »

The tools were specifically A Halo 2 Animation Importer and a Halo 2 Animation Exporter. The one time Zteam tried to release something before, the community, as Shadow said, threw a big hissy fit due to it not being what they thought it was, and how it worked. So Zteam said they arent releasing any tools anymore until the community learned to be more mature (or something like that paragraph, I cant remember well...:P)

Anyway, they will never release the Importer and the Exporter. Mainly because it would make Halo 2 more custom (little bit) An example would be putting the AR with animations fully into Halo 2. But, it would ruin Halo CE (Major bit) Reason why is because if the Exporter was released, everyone would make Halo 2 weapons and use the animations directly from Halo 2. It would be the "lazy mans way" and I for one would like people to LEARN, and not use another games stuff. Make your OWN models. Make your OWN Bitmaps. Make your OWN Animations. That way, youll learn how to become a better modder, and have experience to help others when they are in trouble. I believe Zteam would agree with this.
Signature may not be animated.

Oh really? :P
grimdoomer

System Engineer

Post by grimdoomer »

Thats a wounderful story, but you please go find another topic to post in.
AI Zones in MP | Ambiance | Gravemind Beta v1.1
Aumaan Anubis wrote:Grimdoomer. The first person ever to mod Halo 2 Vista.
BrainEater

Wordewatician 100

Post by BrainEater »

Doomer that post was meant to answer Shocks question. I just put the reasons there because I felt it needed to be there.

Shock120

Post by Shock120 »

grimdoomer wrote:Thats a wounderful story, but you please go find another topic to post in.
BrainEater wrote:Doomer that post was meant to answer Shocks question. I just put the reasons there because I felt it needed to be there.
lawl :lol:
Shouldn't the answering be left to ShadowSpartan? :roll:
Shock120 on XLink & XBC
BrainEater

Wordewatician 100

Post by BrainEater »

Shock120 wrote:Any of these tools for H2V? :D
What are they anyway? :roll:

Wat. Image

Choking Victim

Post by Choking Victim »

We never said we weren't going to release the animation injector, it's just a matter of finishing it. In it's current state it's entirely useless to the public community anyway, we would have to make a new perfect model injector that supports nodes for it to be useful to any of you, and we would have to release a new model extractor that extracts nodes along with mesh.

Shadow knows what he's talking about, trust me. We've made tools some of you would cry over. Things even the most experienced modders for all versions of halo would awe at. I realize a lot of you probably won't believe this, but I along with our team have been sworn into secrecy in order to keep some of the connections we have with a certain respected community member. Plus even sharing it would cause a conflict greater than the last one about our animation tools, which I'm definitely not into provoking, as a release at this point is entirely out of the question.

As for the offtopicness of this post, I'm sorry Grimdoomer, but I felt this needed to be addressed. Alot of people have it all wrong about us.

Ontopic: I feel you've made a good choice not to support multiplayer modding, look at what it's done to halo 2 xbox. Think about how it'll affect an unsupported game like halo 2 vista...I wouldn't expect a game update or banning to clean up the mess it would cause, as the team that developed it disassembled. Besides, H2v has at least some potential, some people may have plans down the road to create tools for custom content. :wink:
Shock120

Post by Shock120 »

Choking Victim wrote:Ontopic: I feel you've made a good choice not to support multiplayer modding, look at what it's done to halo 2 xbox. Think about how it'll affect an unsupported game like halo 2 vista...
MP should be restricted to memory editing programs like the Blu Trainer.
Blu Trainer does a good job keeping it under control.(Glitches Only)

Script editing & Tag Injection would be good for MP.

MPC would be epic for H2V. :D 8)
Shock120 on XLink & XBC
ImpactPro

Post by ImpactPro »

Multiplayer Campaign will be possible sooner or later. Kiwi has helped Grimdoomer with RealTimeHalo so now Gravemind can now apply real-time effects without editing the actual map.

He needed help with a pointer for the Map files. So if anyone needs them here are the offsets etc for the 4 main map files loaded in memory. From what I can see it works the same as the Halo 2 Map format.

Research done by: KIWIDOGGIE

Code: Select all

Current Loaded Map - Halo2BaseAddress + 0x47CD68
Shared.map - Halo2BaseAddress + 0x4AE8E8
SinglePlayer_Shared.map - Halo2BaseAddress + 0x4AF0E8
Mainmenu.map - Halo2BaseAddress + 0x4AF8E8
Editing the tags etc in the memory (RealTimeHalo, RTH) will make the changes so its just as good as modifying them in the .map format
I hope this will aid the Halo 2 Vista Modding community.

- ImpactPro
Shock120

Post by Shock120 »

ImpactPro wrote:Multiplayer Campaign will be possible sooner or later. Kiwi has helped Grimdoomer with RealTimeHalo so now Gravemind can now apply real-time effects without editing the actual map.
so there would be no need for adding [mulg] and [wgtz] and any other tag to a SP map, memory editing takes care of it all? :roll:
ImpactPro wrote:Editing the tags etc in the memory (RealTimeHalo, RTH) will make the changes so its just as good as modifying them in the .map format
I hope this will aid the Halo 2 Vista Modding community.
a Forge for Halo 2?
Shock120 on XLink & XBC
ImpactPro

Post by ImpactPro »

A Forge for Halo 2, kind of. Its KIWI's and Me's Sandbox Mod. All done by realtimehalo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBq0iv2VefA

Soon you will be able to pick objects up, move them. Save and reload states. (to file so you can share your creations)
DrXThirst

Connoisseur Foundry Pyre

Post by DrXThirst »

New version on the way soon?
ImpactPro

Post by ImpactPro »

Sooner or later, Gravemind 2.0 is being worked on at the moment, there are a TON of bugfixes and plugin fixes. It will also include a RealTimeHalo Editor aswell.
grimdoomer

System Engineer

Post by grimdoomer »

DrXThirst wrote:New version on the way soon?
Yes, my Hard Drive crashed not to long ago, and I'm getting new one toamro!! Also I belive I've figured out what the problem with larger sound injections and tag building is. I will let you all know tomaro, along with a more stable bug free release.
Shock120

Post by Shock120 »

grimdoomer wrote:
DrXThirst wrote:New version on the way soon?
Yes, my Hard Drive crashed not to long ago, and I'm getting new one toamro!! Also I belive I've figured out what the problem with larger sound injections and tag building is. I will let you all know tomaro, along with a more stable bug free release.
:shock: :D
Grimdoomer, will you also make awesome AI maps that you had planned for H2X on H2V? :roll:
Shock120 on XLink & XBC
grimdoomer

System Engineer

Post by grimdoomer »

I would have to fix chunkclonning (wich I can, I just made a calculation error) and tag building with raw support for that.

I got my hard drive this morning, and installed vista, but I can't get any Visual Studio programs to install, something with the .net framework 3.5 SP1 that keeps crashing them. Ill have to try reinstalling vista :x
Gruntlord5

Post by Gruntlord5 »

So the new version is close to completion?