H2V is a bit laggy.

Discuss anything related to Halo 2 Vista here.
fudgy

H2V is a bit laggy.

Post by fudgy »

well i bought halo2 vista about 4 days ago, it was a bit laggy but i managed, i thought i could fix it so i came here to ask,

maybe the specs on my computer are a bit low?
3gb ram
160gb hdd(enough for h2v)
NVIDIA Geforce 8200m (enough for it?)

now i thought that my specs would be over recommend but maybe no?
do i have to have direct x to make it run much better? or insert the game disk? because on xp i had direct x for games.

thanks
ImpactPro

Re: H2V is a bit laggy.

Post by ImpactPro »

That spec list is bad.

We need.
PC Model/Maker
We also need CPU and OS

Also if the lag is whenever someone joins a game then that has been fixed. Or attempted to be fixed
http://blog.allenthinks.com/forum/viewt ... ead_id=174

Type in dxdiag in run and post what it says here.
fudgy

Post by fudgy »

Maker: Compaq
Model: Cq50-215nr
CPU: AMD Athlon™ X2 QL-60 Dual-Core

i fixed it kinda cause of the resolution but i have to play it at 800x600 anyway to fix it so i can play at a better resolution
ImpactPro

Post by ImpactPro »

fudgy wrote:Maker: Compaq
Model: Cq50-215nr
CPU: AMD Athlon™ X2 QL-60 Dual-Core

i fixed it kinda cause of the resolution but i have to play it at 800x600 anyway to fix it so i can play at a better resolution
You have 3GB of ram, so thats not the problem. Maybe its the graphics card. Here is my friend pc that I use for Halo 2 vista and it does 720p while recording with FRAPS at 50FPS. No lag.

AMD 3800+ x2
2GB Ram
Nvidia 8800GTS (320mb)
Vista Ultimate
fudgy

Post by fudgy »

yes i heard that card works best with the game with no lag.
well i fixed the lag problem, readjusted the settings so i can play instead of graphic qualitys :( i can run at high quality on a resoultion of 800x600, i use full screen and it looks better than xbox, is there a way though that i can change this so i can run it at a better resultion (correct resolution for my laptop)?
ImpactPro

Post by ImpactPro »

If you are on a laptop it may not run at higher settings. Most laptops use Intergrated Memory not an actual video card.
fudgy

Post by fudgy »

yes im on a laptop, so thats why.
MadClown

Post by MadClown »

Don't rule out upgrading your laptop, it is possible to upgrade laptop graphics cards on certain models, but I believe that 8200 is infact an integrated chip, and thus are stuck with it foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...........
warlord

Post by warlord »

that 8200 is by far no where near good enough for halo 2 vista, i had problems with a 8500 let alone think of what a 8200 would do it, the cpu while dual core dosnt really stand upt to halo 2 vista much either, the memory, 3gb of what? sodimm, DDR, DDR2,DDR3? which type?
SHOUTrvb wrote:I'm in love with Tural, but I keep having all these negative discussions with him.
A tribute to Veegie by Atty
grimdoomer

System Engineer

Post by grimdoomer »

It's amazing how many poeple have posted and don't know shit about hardware specs. I can run Halo 2 Viata fine with no lag on my Single Core AMD with ATI X1600 Cross-Fire cards and 2 gigs of ram, hell it ran fine on 1 gig.
AI Zones in MP | Ambiance | Gravemind Beta v1.1
Aumaan Anubis wrote:Grimdoomer. The first person ever to mod Halo 2 Vista.
ImpactPro

Post by ImpactPro »

Grim, you have a Dedicated Graphics card. That is why you can run it. Integrated cards dont work so well.
grimdoomer

System Engineer

Post by grimdoomer »

ImpactPro wrote:Grim, you have a Dedicated Graphics card. That is why you can run it. Integrated cards dont work so well.
The 8200 is fine, it's the fact that it has to use windows memory for storage that would make it lag. For future reference, laptops suck in general.
AI Zones in MP | Ambiance | Gravemind Beta v1.1
Aumaan Anubis wrote:Grimdoomer. The first person ever to mod Halo 2 Vista.
warlord

Post by warlord »

grimdoomer wrote:It's amazing how many poeple have posted and don't know shit about hardware specs. I can run Halo 2 Viata fine with no lag on my Single Core AMD with ATI X1600 Cross-Fire cards and 2 gigs of ram, hell it ran fine on 1 gig.
Actualy i do know about hardware thanks.
you may well run h2v fine with a single core AMD but you are also running a pair of X1600 in crossfire which is picking up the slack.
a 9200 is just the same as a 8300 and to be honest that really isnt good, with a bandwidth of 64bit and 8 shader pipelines you may run h2v but on low detail and low specs.
In my personal experience, the increases i gained were gained through cpu power and the graphics, i could run h2v on low with a 8400gs but if i put my 7800gt in it run pretty well even though i was on a pentium 4.
SHOUTrvb wrote:I'm in love with Tural, but I keep having all these negative discussions with him.
A tribute to Veegie by Atty
fudgy

Post by fudgy »

yeah i fixed it it runs fine now, just needed to close some programs that were hiding, and change graphics control panel options to 3d settings. it runs fast now with no lag at all
jackson117

Post by jackson117 »

This is why i always checked the specs before i brought my vista COMP.

But still the only Bug is that the elites & Spartens have strange Glitche lines Going nuts on the biped