Halo 2 Map Editor Problems...

Discuss anything related to Halo 2 Vista here.
CrossedOffName

Halo 2 Map Editor Problems...

Post by CrossedOffName »

Okay, so I have a problem with the Halo 2 map editor obviously. My problem is with the packaging.

So, I go through with 3ds max 7, create the map link b_levelroot to the map then export the .ASS, then I compile with the H2V map editor. All of this if fine, no major errors. Then I open up Sapien and place all the stuff in it. There are a few errors in it like "Degenerate Triangle" mostly. But anyways, I have the Senario, then open up Guerrilla, add the name and description, then save. Everything is fine. So then I start to package the map. Everything is fine. But then I start up Halo 2 and there are no custom maps. I look in "Document/My Games/Halo 2/Map" and absolutely nothing is there. I go look for the original file folders AND files in the file explorer and they aren't even there. Then I go back to 3ds Max 7, hit open, and BAM! There are all the file. Then while I'm still in the open file dialog, I look again in the windows explorer and there's nothing, still. So... Yea. I would appreciate some help...

I'm thinking that reinstalling the OS might fix this but I'd rather do something not involving losing all my files.

If something like this has been posted before, I apologize, I searched and found something like this but not completely. Plus it was unresolved.
CompKronos

Wordewatician 250

Post by CompKronos »

i haven't made an h2v map in quite some time but did you try swapping the map from

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo 2 Map Editor\Maps\(yourMapName).map
to
C:\Users\(yourUserName)\Documents\My Games\Halo 2\Maps

DON"T REINSTALL OS, its not needed and it will save a complete headache
I <3 rant thread
johnnyblaz20

Articulatist 250

Post by johnnyblaz20 »

Before packaging there should be a checkbox that says something about copying the map. check that. If it does not copy after that you have an issue with your map.
CrossedOffName

Post by CrossedOffName »

Well, I've done all that. But like I said, the folders and files I map (Cannyon/Cannyon.3ds, and Cannyon/Cannyon.Scenerio, and Cannyon/Cannyon.map) are no where to be found. I've checked the box, doesn't do anything. The problem is that the packaging isn't occurring. That's the problem.

I can try one more thing and if it doesn't work, I'll reinstall the OS and hope it works.
johnnyblaz20

Articulatist 250

Post by johnnyblaz20 »

canyon 3ds? don't you mean .ass? Do you have them in the correct folders. data/scenarios/multi for the .ass file.
CrossedOffName

Post by CrossedOffName »

johnnyblaz20 wrote:canyon 3ds? don't you mean .ass? Do you have them in the correct folders. data/scenarios/multi for the .ass file.

I have them in the correct folders. I have a 3ds back of the ass file. But, the folders don't appear in numerous programs.