Community Project: H2V to H2X Conversions

Discuss anything related to Halo 2 Vista here.
kornman00

ONI New Age

Re: Community Project: H2V to H2X Conversions

Post by kornman00 »

Both games use specific platform (ie xbox) data in the tag data. You're going to have to translate that data from the PC formats into the Xbox formats for map to load. Nulling tag instances in the index won't work in this case.

I have a feeling there is something else you didn't take into consideration too that is game build (xbox vs vista; but not considered platform-specific in nature) related

Thats all I'm going to hint at.
grimdoomer

System Engineer

Post by grimdoomer »

ImpactPro wrote:Hi grim, I will take a look at it, Did you try nulling the sound tags? That would cause most maps not to load on xbox.

Also amazing work!
What sound tags? All I did was write new BSP meta and raw, and sound raw is the first thing in the map after the header so I wouldn't be able to currupt that.
kornman00 wrote:Both games use specific platform (ie xbox) data in the tag data. You're going to have to translate that data from the PC formats into the Xbox formats for map to load. Nulling tag instances in the index won't work in this case.

I have a feeling there is something else you didn't take into consideration too that is game build (xbox vs vista; but not considered platform-specific in nature) related

Thats all I'm going to hint at.
Ok I get what your saying, thanks :D

EDIT:

Ok so after reading Kornmans hints, I decided to compare the vista version of coagulations BSP to the xbox. As Shade45 said it is exactly the same, but he missed something. I noticed the vista maps some reflexives have either 4, 8 or 12 bytes of CD padding, where as xbox has values there. These values/padding are not part of the reflexives chunk data, it's in between 2 reflexives. I also noticed a large block of data that isen't on the vista version of the map, but doesn't seem to exist according to entity so idk whats up with that. I'm going to begin comparing a raw block to see if what shade was talking about when he said one was bigger. According to shade he said the last block (9) is bigger on vista. My BSP Detail Object layout shows me block 9 is Lightmap UV data, so that is understandable. Now that I think of it, thats probally what made my map look all weird.
AI Zones in MP | Ambiance | Gravemind Beta v1.1
Aumaan Anubis wrote:Grimdoomer. The first person ever to mod Halo 2 Vista.
Gruntlord5

Post by Gruntlord5 »

Yay for techno babble! one day this will be complete!