Feature Request List

Discuss anything related to Halo 2 Vista here.
I Trunks I

Post by I Trunks I »

so basically, we'll need a new computer or just upgrade XP to Vista?
angry man

Post by angry man »

You don't need a new computer if your current computer's specs are good enuf, Vista is just an OS.
I Can See Inside Your Monitor :lol:
DrWill

Post by DrWill »

uhm do you guys know some thing i dont because the last time i checked bungies oficial stance on halo2 for PC was no stop fucking asking
Bladez

Post by Bladez »

superaison wrote:Easy map creater, like the tony hawk games(those are sooo easy!)
ZOMG are you that blind?!
1. The tony hawk games map makers are crap.
2. Maps that are "EASY" to make wouldnt be that good, that would make it that it wouldnt require much effort or test your knowledge of building maps and stuff.
Some people like feeling like THEY actually worked hard in making their maps and NOT like the computer did 98% of the work. That would suck. The tony hawk games virtually give you NO CHOICES. All you get from them are what they give you. Lets see, can you make custom scenery with the tony hawk map makers? custom weapons? custom vehicles? custom textures? various objects of shapes and size? The answer is No No No No No. Compared to Halo PC/CE's mapping programs the ones built into the tony hawk games suck. But knowing bungie, they'll no doubt stay away from such a cheesy type of mapmaker as in the tony hawk games and will make it so we can create what we want where we want it how we want it when we want it. Cuz they know how awesome of maps can be made with the programs currently for Halo PC/CE. I mean look at how good of a job was done with the CMT Singleplayer campaign, H2CE team's maps, Jahrain's maps, hugeass, coldsnap, prime c3 prime t3. Honostly go look around at sites! there are tons of amazing maps and mappers out there made with the tools developed by gearbox and bungie.

P.S. I know the post I quoted was from a long time ago but hearing someone say that just :evil: pisses :evil: :evil: me :evil: :evil: off :evil: . I'm a mapper whos just started. I like the feeling of knowing all the hard work ive put into something that is succesful. Something that actually takes effort and can be customized to look cool.

Edited post to add the last 5 sentences.
Last edited by Bladez on Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Signature by xXxCocoFangxXx
Bladez

Post by Bladez »

I Trunks I wrote:so basically, we'll need a new computer or just upgrade XP to Vista?
Angry Man wrote:You don't need a new computer if your current computer's specs are good enuf, Vista is just an OS.
I've read the whole vista site. From what i've read it seems like you can only upgrade to vista if you are currently running xp. but forget what the previous sentence said.

To Find Out If You Will Be Able To Upgrade Your Current Computer To Vista When It Comes Out Or If You Will Have To Buy A Whole New PC Go Here And Download Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor Beta at: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/g ... fault.mspx

At the very end after running through the Upgrade Advisor Program it gives you the option to save a log html file of what it said to your computer somewhere.
Signature by xXxCocoFangxXx
Sh4rk B1t3

Post by Sh4rk B1t3 »

- AA & AF.
- A good netcode.
- Gigantic hitboxes and massive autoaim removed.
- Non-n00bed map tools.
- Custom maps integrated into the core game, IE: no "custom edition" download.
- No gay n00b guns added, like how the FRG and Flamethrower were added.
a mammoth

Droplet

Post by a mammoth »

It would be cool if they integrated 1337 maps into a match making system, that is if they are going to have one.
My real name is a Mammoth, if someone who cares sees this, please change my name to a Mammoth
Chromide

Post by Chromide »

-clan support
Signature exceeded 500x120 pixels.
DarkMetal

Post by DarkMetal »

A Source Control system that users can use.
johnnyblaz20

Articulatist 250

Post by johnnyblaz20 »

how about map themes you'd like to see? i personally would like to see a novelty game map like a pool game.. making a map just a pool table with balls and you have to hit the que with a banshee or hog.. i know you can put balls on the map.. i know its stupid but i'd like to see how creative someone can be.
i'm currently working on a map of a large warehouse with rows and rows of racks. there are boxes on the racks but you can weave in and out jumping up and over. you might think it sounds stupid but i think its just what we need..
RXM-Tftman78

Post by RXM-Tftman78 »

Ok for skinning the Master Chief you have to replace and compile the Bitmaps.
jackson117

Post by jackson117 »

SP maps and custom objects.
Shock120

Post by Shock120 »

- AI in MP, also a trainer to enable it.
- Spawning system switch - change MP to SP co-op, so everyone spawns close to each other, without the need of Spawn points
- RTH
- Remove limit on Custom Map size.
- Perfect Tag extraction - so it can be used in the H2EK, or the hacked version.
- a person/team that can tackle the biggest problems the Modding community faces: sync, AI, Scripts, Dialogue and moving [Mach] coll.
- Campaign maps, also Online Co-op (16 players), it was done for Halo 2 Xbox but that fails.

Why the hell, did everyone move to Halo 3 modding?
couldn't they finish Halo 1 and Halo 2?
Last edited by Shock120 on Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shock120 on XLink & XBC
grimdoomer

System Engineer

Post by grimdoomer »

Shock120 wrote:- AI in MP, also a trainer to enable it.
- Spawning system switch - change MP to SP co-op, so everyone spawns close to each other, without the need of Spawn points
- RTH
- Perfect Tag extraction - so it can be used in the H2EK, or the hacked version.
- a person/team that can tackle the biggest problems the Modding community faces: sync, AI, Scripts, Dialogue and moving [Mach] coll.
- Campaign maps, also Online Co-op (16 players), it was done for Halo 2 Xbox but that failed.

Why does every one want to extract tags to Guerilla? you have a meta editor why do you need guerilla?
AI Zones in MP | Ambiance | Gravemind Beta v1.1
Aumaan Anubis wrote:Grimdoomer. The first person ever to mod Halo 2 Vista.
kibito87

Stylist Connoisseur Advisor Bloodhound
Droplet Articulatist 500

Post by kibito87 »

grimdoomer wrote:Why does every one want to extract tags to Guerilla? you have a meta editor why do you need guerilla?
Because (a hacked) Guerilla allows you to edit almost every feature. Meta Editors on the other hand don't. Especially when the plugins aren't mapped out completely. Why do you think Anthony made h2guerilla and h2core?
grimdoomer

System Engineer

Post by grimdoomer »

kibito87 wrote:
grimdoomer wrote:Why does every one want to extract tags to Guerilla? you have a meta editor why do you need guerilla?
Because (a hacked) Guerilla allows you to edit almost every feature. Meta Editors on the other hand don't. Especially when the plugins aren't mapped out completely. Why do you think Anthony made h2guerilla and h2core?
I see your point, but most tags have changes in the layout compared to guerilla, so I would have to write code for most tags to export to a geurilla tag, then rebuild.
Shock120

Post by Shock120 »

grimdoomer wrote:
Shock120 wrote:- AI in MP, also a trainer to enable it.
- RTH
- Campaign maps, also Online Co-op (16 players), it was done for Halo 2 Xbox but that failed.

Why does every one want to extract tags to Guerilla? you have a meta editor why do you need guerilla?
To build custom maps.
Don't you think people would like
-AI in MP, AI zones
-SP Bipeds. that don't corrupt after transfer.
-also we needs that BSP offset 212.
-Pelican/Phantom in MP
-Scarab [Mach] in MP
-Cpt Poopface's cool mods.
-Neodos's cool tags
-Skinned maps
Shock120 on XLink & XBC
grimdoomer

System Engineer

Post by grimdoomer »

This is NOT entity for fucks sake, don't you think I've taken those into consideration? Yes there will be chunk clonning, yes it will work, yes you can add and clone chunks for BSPs, yes you will be able to transfer bipds with working sounds and NO you dont have to rebuild to get AI Zones. Dam!
kibito87

Stylist Connoisseur Advisor Bloodhound
Droplet Articulatist 500

Post by kibito87 »

grimdoomer wrote:I see your point, but most tags have changes in the layout compared to guerilla, so I would have to write code for most tags to export to a geurilla tag, then rebuild.
Indeed you are correct. Which could be tedious and annoying on your end of the deal. The turn out for the modders side could be extravagant though. It's more or less how much work you would like to put into your application. It would be great having a feature such as this but no one has any right to complain if you choose not to implement it. I know a lot of work goes into having a program rebuild...and correctly at that. Good luck with what you decide on in features for your future update!
Shock120

Post by Shock120 »

grimdoomer wrote:This is NOT entity for *** sake, don't you think I've taken those into consideration? Yes there will be chunk clonning, yes it will work, yes you can add and clone chunks for BSPs, yes you will be able to transfer bipds with working sounds and NO you dont have to rebuild to get AI Zones. Dam!
sorry for making you mad. But anyway map modding is the least of my concerns.
I'm more concerned with the Blam! engine, it restricts us in so many ways,
Theres hardly any game engine modders in the Halo modding community. :cry:
Is update support for Halo 2 Vista been discontinued?
Shock120 on XLink & XBC