Vista?

Discuss anything related to Halo 2 Vista here.

Do You Want Halo 2 PC to be available on Windows XP/2000?

Yes -that would be so convenient!!
66%
No -Who cares just pay for Windows Vista!!
34%

Total votes: 82

funkadelik_bob

Post by funkadelik_bob »

iGeo wrote:It's not that XP isn't capable of running Halo 2, it's purely a marketing scheme. There are people that will upgrade to vista just to play Halo 2, giving Microsoft more sales.

And FTW, Bill Gates has very little to do with MS anymore... so will people shut up about him, it's really annoying when everyone's like "Bill Gates is rich why sell products for so much" well they don't sell products to give Bill Gates money, he doesn't do it for a living, MS is a company so there are lots of people, who need lots of wages. So please stop talking about Bill Gates all the time, jees.
THAT (sorta) and that it costs so much to make the game, copies, all of the CD's needed, the OS, all of the copies of the OS, and all that other crap. Supply and demand are also a factor here. I'm willing to bet that microsoft is NOT making a big profit off of this. This my opinion as the son of an entreprenuer.

Although it would probobly be more profitable for bunjie and microsoft to bump the price up 10$ maybe 20$ to make it XP compatible.
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k232/ ... JrSOTW.jpg
Please note that the max size for signatures is 75 KB. Please resize your signature and relink. Thanks.
djaj88

Post by djaj88 »

Make it for Windows XP for the poor Americans here! Were are so poor! Vista is only in Europe so, just make the game in XP format!
metkillerjoe

Wordewatician 500

Post by metkillerjoe »

Meh. Typical American. Europeans are not rich. Most of Eastern Europe is poor.

Mark my word. Give 100 hackers infinite time and they will hex edit the exe and dll's and soon we will have Halo 2 on XP. /jk

But really, give some hackers a couple of months and there will be a hack. As long as you buy the game their should be no reason why you cannot install it on any OS you please if you can install it.
djaj88

Post by djaj88 »

metkillerjoe wrote:Meh. Typical American. Europeans are not rich. Most of Eastern Europe is poor.

Mark my word. Give 100 hackers infinite time and they will hex edit the exe and dll's and soon we will have Halo 2 on XP. /jk

But really, give some hackers a couple of months and there will be a hack. As long as you buy the game their should be no reason why you cannot install it on any OS you please if you can install it.
OMG I forgot about Easter Europe's history...The Sovit Union(USSR) Messed up Easter Europe up real bad...Those poor Eastern Europeans...
JunkfoodMan

Post by JunkfoodMan »

I believe it's to do with Microsoft being scheming bastards. First they release Halo Wars for the Xbox 360 only, and now they do this for Vista only.

I'll just wait for the Hackers to do their Job.
wat
funkadelik_bob

Post by funkadelik_bob »

ITS ALL ABOUT SUPPLY AND DEMAND!
IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THEM BEING BASTARDS!
ITS ALSO ABOUT PROFIT, WHICH I DOUBT THEY'RE GETTING ALOT OF.
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k232/ ... JrSOTW.jpg
Please note that the max size for signatures is 75 KB. Please resize your signature and relink. Thanks.
{D

Post by {D »

I don't think they should make Halo Two for XP, It should only be for Windows Vista. And it will only be for Vista.
Diomenas

Post by Diomenas »

Ok guys after reading this I must say. There are a lot of warped ideas on why H2PC is Vista only so here is a little bit of a clarification.

1) MS doesnt pay Bungie anything to make the game Vista only (in case you hadnt noticed MS IS Bungie (just in case you dont believe me http://www.gamespot.com/news/2589928.html)

2) DirectX 10 is being developed by Microsoft as a software package for the Vista operating system only.

3) As a subsequent to (2) the gaming developers whom had already recieved the DX-X SDK to begin development have 2 options, either redev for DX9 or continue to dev in DX-X which will be the way software will shift in the next year especially once support for XP and DX-9 is dropped in 1st Quarter 2006.

Maybe this will clear things up for everyone. I work in the computing industry every day so OS and Software releases are always something that brews over at the water fountain. :)
HPDarkness1

Post by HPDarkness1 »

I'm buying Windows Vista Ultimate. I have the Beta right now and it's great. I already pre-ordered my x900 DirectX 10 Graphics card. I'm Ready!
Sh4rk B1t3

Post by Sh4rk B1t3 »

x900 graphics card? WTF is that?

The only DX10 graphics cards currently on the market are the Nvidia 8800GTX and 8800GTS. They cost $550 and $400 each. Ati will release their R600 series cards soon.
Damorian

Wordewatician 50

Post by Damorian »

I think he's talking about the R600.
jimbi

Post by jimbi »

even though i dont have a vista and dont plan on it I'm not going to sign cuase they wont consider it they have a deal with microsoft to keep it for vista so more people switch over 2 vista its all about the maketing :lol: