6 Pistol models (1st models)

Halo PC uploads. All posts must have pictures and a mod to download. Use PPF always, unless the map is rebuilt.
The_Sandman

6 Pistol models (1st models)

Post by The_Sandman »

Here is a collection of some pistol remodels I made. Constructive feedback is awesome, don't just say "These suck." Tell me why they suck. Working on the screenshots.
EDIT: Skins are from Tazz's Halo 3 weapons.
EDIT: Screenshots!!
Attachments
The Agent Pistol
The Agent Pistol
laser sighted pistol
laser sighted pistol
The golden gun with no skin
The golden gun with no skin
Colt 1911
Colt 1911
Pistol models.rar
The models
(217.73 KiB) Downloaded 32 times
Last edited by The_Sandman on Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Now the first thing to do when you're being stalked by an ugly mob with raspberries is to...Release the tiger!" - Monty Python's self defense against fresh fruit.
92% of teenagers have moved on to rap. Put this in your signature if you are in the 8% that listen to REAL music.
MarsMartianMan

Re: 6 Pistol models (1st models)

Post by MarsMartianMan »

They all could be cleaned up a bit, but overall you did a good job.
Welcome to Mars.
Thien wrote:On the bright side, I groped some black dude today.
guysullavin

Post by guysullavin »

good for a first, maybe if the laser was red on the pistol i would like it more.
Not Removing until Prototype comes out. Started 1/7/2009
obj1: DUDE'S GOT A POINT....I GIVE THIS PRODUCT A TRY....HELL WHAT COULD GO WRONG!
waev: caps lock might
The_Sandman

Post by The_Sandman »

I wasn't planning on making skins for these as i'm not much of a skinner, but if you want to try to do that, go right ahead. I think I might try it too.
"Now the first thing to do when you're being stalked by an ugly mob with raspberries is to...Release the tiger!" - Monty Python's self defense against fresh fruit.
92% of teenagers have moved on to rap. Put this in your signature if you are in the 8% that listen to REAL music.
obj1

Post by obj1 »

nice job rookie i remember my 1st model...it was 10 times worse than this 7/10(good for a bigginer)
The_Sandman

Post by The_Sandman »

Why thank you
Any Suggestions on how to improve them?
obj1

Post by obj1 »

well i cant think of any real good one but i can tell you this....for your next model try to make something that you think could go on a video game(its your own creation) like im about to release a model pack of remodels i made for all halo weapons...try that...like make a The Sandman Pistol....and then its all wiered and big and over exaggerated, like gears of war,but it works.Or maybe make it to were its a comepletly new gun like a flame througher or a sub machinegun
The_Sandman

Post by The_Sandman »

OK, I'll try to do something like that.
obj1

Post by obj1 »

pimpalitios cant wait :D
botternub

Post by botternub »

if youre going to post something that you remodeled, keep in mind that "could anyone else have done this as easy as i just did?"

if the answer to that is yes, then dont post it.

the reason these suck is because:

in the agent pistol you lengthened a few verts then moved the top front of the gun down.

in the golden gun one you must moved 2 sides closer together.

in the one with the "laser sight" you stretched a vert. if you wanted to make a sight by stretching a vert pick one that wont make a big triangle or take the other verts at the base of that sight and move them closer together so you get more of a line rather than a triangle.

the colt 1911 one shows slight progress becuase you are actually working towards something rather than moving a few verts around then coming up with a name. try not to leave any stray verts. a stray vert is a vertice or "little white dot" in the modeling program that you are able to move around. make sure that verticles are not sticking out on the gun so that you have a nice smooth look. try to make both sides of it symmetrical. try to think of how the skin is going to move when you are moving verts. try to make it so the slide is in a "normal" position so when you fire it opens and closes normally. try making the gun sit normally on the handle so the slide and action isnt too high, low, forward, back, or to one side. try to make it look like something that master cheif wouldnt be embarassed about when he went into battle.

for a first 3/10

*** another thing you might want to mention is that those are pepsi's pistol skins. some modders get really anal about stuff like that if you dont give them credit and it will make you more favorable in this community.
The_Sandman

Post by The_Sandman »

OK, thanks for the advice, I'm working on cleaning these up a bit. And the skins aren't Pepsi's, they're actually from Tazz's Halo 3 weapons pack. I completely forgot I put those in there, thanks for the reminder.

Is this any better?
Attachments
The model
The model
Ingame shot
Ingame shot
dhark_scarlit

Post by dhark_scarlit »

http://www.halomods.com/forums/viewtopi ... rt#p373407 Solution to fixing the stray vert on the pistol model. >_>
The_Sandman

Post by The_Sandman »

Which model, they're all pistol models?
EDIT: Never mind, stupid question...
botternub

Post by botternub »

youre getting there.

now one thing i do have to say is- be logical about what youre remodling.

pistols dont remodel into automatic weapons

snipers dont remodel into automatic weapons

and yet people still do it.....

but yeah that looks like youre sorta getting concepts and shapes going... just try to avoid using a single vert to create a sight, clip, etc. because it looks cheesy.
[RR]RedRene

Post by [RR]RedRene »

botternub, have you actually released anything yet?

Nice job for a first though Sandman.
guysullavin

Post by guysullavin »

[RR]RedRene wrote:botternub, have you actually released anything yet?
nope
Not Removing until Prototype comes out. Started 1/7/2009
obj1: DUDE'S GOT A POINT....I GIVE THIS PRODUCT A TRY....HELL WHAT COULD GO WRONG!
waev: caps lock might
The_Sandman

Post by The_Sandman »

Well, the only reason I'm using the pistol for these models is because it is easy to remodel.
au5t3n5

Wordewatician 50

Post by au5t3n5 »

The_Sandman wrote:Well, the only reason I'm using the pistol for these models is because it is easy to remodel.
Wrong.

Sniper is by far the easiest because it has the most verts and thus allows for more flexibility. Also it only has 1 moving part which is easy to take out and work with; on the contrary, the slide of the pistol is not exactly the easiest thing to work with, much less try to rip off from the base model. The sniper is also relatively easy to disassemble and put back together.
I do remodels. I currently am trying to do custom remodels. Check out my models pack: http://bfeo.org/forum/index.php?topic=1160.0
The_Sandman

Post by The_Sandman »

Well, I didn't say it was the easiest, I just said it was easy. But anyway, maybe I'll try remodeling the sniper next.
Corvette19

Snitch!

Post by Corvette19 »

Could I have some better perspectives on the pistols?
Can I see them in the Model program?
Xfire = corvette19
WaeV wrote:Mess around with stuff, make exceptions, get messy! Do something we've never seen before.