Blackgulch

Halo PC uploads. All posts must have pictures and a mod to download. Use PPF always, unless the map is rebuilt.
thenextbigthing

Blackgulch

Post by thenextbigthing »

This is my first mod so go easy on me........

modifications are:

1. sniper skin
2. sky skin (except for 2 bars that scroll across the sky, don't know why)
3. unlimited ammo on snipers and rockets
4. driver seat of warthog makes you invisible and able to shoot the turret
5. turret of warthog makes you invisible (unable to shoot turret)
6. rockets explodes where your aiming right as you fire
7. if a snipers or rocket hit a vehicle it moves so fast away it disappears
8. warthog drives really fast (turning is better but because of speed makes turning almost impossible)
9. warthog skin

link to photobucket album (couldn't get pics to show up sorry):

http://s509.photobucket.com/albums/s331 ... alo%20mod/

download link:

http://files.filefront.com/blackgulch/; ... einfo.html
Last edited by thenextbigthing on Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
I AM NEW AT THIS! DO NOT HATE ME BECAUSE I'M HORRIBLE AT IT! I DOWNLOADED HHT AND HMT A COUPLE DAYS AGO! I HAVE NEVER USED THEM BEFORE!
General_orca

Re: Blackgulch

Post by General_orca »

is it just me? cause i don't see any pics? maybe its my new comp
tucker933

Post by tucker933 »

General_orca wrote:is it just me? cause i don't see any pics? maybe its my new comp
It's not just you, I don't see em either.
AMD Phenomist
General_orca

Post by General_orca »

well post 'em please
thenextbigthing

ok ill try i tried putting them on but they wont show up........

so i just put a link up sorry about that
I AM NEW AT THIS! DO NOT HATE ME BECAUSE I'M HORRIBLE AT IT! I DOWNLOADED HHT AND HMT A COUPLE DAYS AGO! I HAVE NEVER USED THEM BEFORE!
General_orca

Post by General_orca »

dude, just to let all know, is that all you did was skin it very weirdly, not even all the sky is black, the planets are corrupted, and the only real modifications is unlimited ammo for the sniper and Rocket Launcher. No offense, but you should know not to post stuff like this. 1/10
MarsMartianMan

Post by MarsMartianMan »

Haha, oh wow.

0/10, sorry.
Welcome to Mars.
Thien wrote:On the bright side, I groped some black dude today.
thenextbigthing

ok well im sorry i havent been modding for years and im sorry this is the first time ive even tried this is my first mod so get over how bad it is ok i have a life unlike you
MarsMartianMan

Post by MarsMartianMan »

thenextbigthing wrote:get over how bad it is ok i have a life unlike you
See, this is what I hate about newbie modders. You can't go around posting horrible 2 minute mods, and then expect us to seat you in a throne and pat you on your ass. It isn't going to happen, so maybe you should stop telling me how I should "get over" how bad the mod is, and start telling yourself to get over how bad it is. Hell, you're lucky I'm not screaming bloody murder from the rooftops because of how bad this mod is.
Welcome to Mars.
Thien wrote:On the bright side, I groped some black dude today.
hiheyhello

Post by hiheyhello »

Needs work. No rating as of now/.
Tural wrote:I like to pretend I have friends.
thenextbigthing

See, this is what I hate about newbie modders. You can't go around posting horrible 2 minute mods, and then expect us to seat you in a throne and pat you on your ass. It isn't going to happen, so maybe you should stop telling me how I should "get over" how bad the mod is, and start telling yourself to get over how bad it is. Hell, you're lucky I'm not screaming bloody murder from the rooftops because of how bad this mod is.
lol took me about an hour and this is my first mod ever i just downloaded all the modding tools and crap that day no experience so i say its horrible but it still good for a person never touched a modding tool ever or "newbie modder" as you blatently put it
TomClancey

Post by TomClancey »

You said you haven't modded in years, yet you also say this is your first mod? How exactly does that work?
Also, ironic. Saying someone has no life on a gaming forum.
tucker933

Post by tucker933 »

TomClancey wrote:You said you haven't modded in years, yet you also say this is your first mod? How exactly does that work?
He said he hasn't been modding for years, that's not the same as your implying.
AMD Phenomist
thenextbigthing

TomClancey wrote:
You said you haven't modded in years, yet you also say this is your first mod? How exactly does that work?
tucker933 wrote:
He said he hasn't been modding for years, that's not the same as your implying.
like tucker said you got it mixed up. i haven't modded in years, but iv'e never modded halo pc so this is my first halo pc mod........ do you get it?
uk_rose

Post by uk_rose »

If you put your work up on these forums you have to be open to the answers you are going to get and I am always prepared to take any critisism that is leveled against my work.

We all started somewhere in modding so, be a grown up, take it on the chin, say thank you for your time and keep going. Browse the forums, learn techniques and then post some more mods.

As always, not everyone will like what you do.

Rose
XXX
warlord

Post by warlord »

uk_rose wrote:If you put your work up on these forums you have to be open to the answers you are going to get and I am always prepared to take any critisism that is leveled against my work.

We all started somewhere in modding so, be a grown up, take it on the chin, say thank you for your time and keep going. Browse the forums, learn techniques and then post some more mods.

As always, not everyone will like what you do.

Rose
XXX
Very true.
I myself started out with projectile and shader swaps, moved onto importing re-modeled gun turrets and am now making fully custom content.
May i suggest you read the tutorials section and try some of the tutorials posted there?
May i suggest these tutorials.
import the Pleican into MP maps
Import AI into MP maps and editing their behavour to your liking.
And if you want to risk it for a biscuit try this:
Custom edition content to halo pc tutorial
I do hope these tutorials serve you well in educating you on some of the more simple yet much more enjoyable modding opportunities.
SHOUTrvb wrote:I'm in love with Tural, but I keep having all these negative discussions with him.
A tribute to Veegie by Atty
thenextbigthing

thanks for the help finaly some decent people on her ill try some of what you said warlord
hell_knight

Post by hell_knight »

Why release it if it's bad? You don't have to release every single thing you test out and play around with. Instead, work towards a certain modding goal, and when you are completely happy with the results, and you think it is something unique and special, then you should release it.
guysullavin

Post by guysullavin »

thenextbigthing wrote: lol took me about an hour
Seriously? 10 mins, I'd do that, and more.
Why release it if it's bad? You don't have to release every single thing you test out and play around with. Instead, work towards a certain modding goal, and when you are completely happy with the results, and you think it is something unique and special, then you should release it.
words to live by. i used to be almost a crappy as you, i did the same mistake, but now i know not to release all my stuff, i've made about 10 different remodels over the past month and haven't even released one of them because i wasn't happy with them.
Not Removing until Prototype comes out. Started 1/7/2009
obj1: DUDE'S GOT A POINT....I GIVE THIS PRODUCT A TRY....HELL WHAT COULD GO WRONG!
waev: caps lock might
thenextbigthing

i released it to see what people would say and if they would help me out in the future as i said in the description this is my first mod so i wanted to get a feel on what people wanted to see in a mod on this website