Halomods' Collision Model Plugin

Halo PC uploads. All posts must have pictures and a mod to download. Use PPF always, unless the map is rebuilt.

Leet as hell?

Yes
79%
NO! I HATE YOU AND I HATE YOUR PLUGINS!!!!! >:[[[[[
21%

Total votes: 14

DeadHamster

Snitch! Advisor Articulatist 500

Halomods' Collision Model Plugin

Post by DeadHamster »

This is the completed collision model plugin. I had a staff member delete the older topic because it was cluttered with various download versions and lots of Altimit's explaining things to me.

Features:
  • XYZ Coordinate/Plane Editing For Bloodgulch's "Log"

Extra Plugin for the Scenery that dictate Max Collision Size, As well as when the model is rendered*.

*Explanation of Rendering Part: The Game renders an object based on the camera's position; if it's not being looked at there's no reason to render it. However, when doing model edits, this causes the model to not show up if it's considerably larger then the original even though it should. So by making giant platforms and not looking at the center, it wouldn't render, this fixes that.

I really don't consider this my plugin, considering all the help I've been given with it.

Credits:
  • Altimit: HUGE Help with all of this.

neodos: H2 Collision Research which inspired this, helped tremendously.

XOrange: Original Research.

conure: Help with hex editing.

MoDFoX: Letting me bounce ideas off him, even if he didn't always understand.
So here you go; HaloMods' Collision Plugin:
Attachments
HaloMods' Collision Plugin.rar
Halomods' Collision Plugin
(1.8 KiB) Downloaded 39 times
guysullavin

Post by guysullavin »

Horrible Job! 9/10!

but seriously this is amazing, as soon as i hit homewards im gonna fiddle with it
Not Removing until Prototype comes out. Started 1/7/2009
obj1: DUDE'S GOT A POINT....I GIVE THIS PRODUCT A TRY....HELL WHAT COULD GO WRONG!
waev: caps lock might
MoDFox

Re: Halomods' Collision Model Plugin

Post by MoDFox »

DeadHamster wrote:

MoDFoX: Letting me bounce ideas off him, even if he didn't always understand.
Yay! Haha, great job on the plugin!
DeadHamster

Post by DeadHamster »

lol, Thank you very much Guysullavin. Anything I could do to get the extra point? lol.

And thanks very much to you too, MoDFoX.
guysullavin

Post by guysullavin »

it would be 10/10 if it was as easy as sparkedit, with a view screen, and a bazillion hot babes pointing you what to do :D

Lol jk about the babes, sorta. but look into having a display that shows what it looks like that can also preview the actual model so that way you can shape the box around the recently(or not) made model
Not Removing until Prototype comes out. Started 1/7/2009
obj1: DUDE'S GOT A POINT....I GIVE THIS PRODUCT A TRY....HELL WHAT COULD GO WRONG!
waev: caps lock might
DeadHamster

Post by DeadHamster »

Mhm Mhm. Except that would take actual coding, which I know none of.

It would probably be rather easy to do something like "I Can Has Squares/Cubes", which is basically the same thing as this in program form. You enter a height/width/length and it does the rest. But I have no way of doing that, if you wish to contact Yamagushi/Conure/Altimit.

TBH, I wouldnt be surprised if Alt was doing something for Eschaton. That's the vibe I was getting from him when we discussed all that collision stuff.
OwnZ joO

Articulatist 500

Post by OwnZ joO »

I could help write a Cubes app for this if it's not being worked on by Alt(I wrote the halo 2 one with help from yama). I would need a little help on loading the maps, but I do have some work done on it already. I'm kinda busy a lot, but I think I could find the time to work on it here and there.
Altimit01

Connoisseur Snitch! Literarian 500

Post by Altimit01 »

I'm interested and it's certainly something I've been researching, but I can say for sure it'll be awhile before I implement anything big involving coll editing. I'd try to make it something more generic than cube based so if someone wants to work on it, don't let me stop you.
Download Eschaton: Halomods | Filefront | Mediafire
DeadHamster

Post by DeadHamster »

OwnZ joO wrote:I could help write a Cubes app for this if it's not being worked on by Alt(I wrote the halo 2 one with help from yama). I would need a little help on loading the maps, but I do have some work done on it already. I'm kinda busy a lot, but I think I could find the time to work on it here and there.
Thatd be great if you could put something like that together. Really, even if it just edited the meta tags thatd work, since to get it in any map but bloodgulch you would need to rebuild anyway. Or if opening maps would be easier then do that.

Im sure you could find source code somewhere that would give you an idea on how to load the maps, I myself do not know, but I'm sure someone who does would be glad to help.

Sorry if I seemed to be saying Alt def. would do it, I just meant based on how much interest he showed in it and how much he was looking beyond the simpler research I was doing.
OwnZ joO

Articulatist 500

Post by OwnZ joO »

I already have code that should load the MapHeader and Index, now I need to load the info for all the tags. Then yeah, I would do it by editing the meta most likely, I would need some help on making a simple method to edit the collision.
DeadHamster

Post by DeadHamster »

I could probably help with that. It's almost identical to the halo 2 method from what I can tell. the only catch is that there are max size and boundary sizes that must be changed as well, stored in the scenery tag that references the collision:

Scen------------>Collision
Max Size________Vert Coordinates
Render Size ________ Plane Distances

So you'd have to either have it automatically edit those values by some kind of "highest integer=max size/render size", or have it manually enter able.

Obviously any/all the offsets you need (I'm assuming you would) you could get from the plugin.

I would advise doing XYZ as opposed to length/width/height, because the actual model has to be edited manually, unless there's a method I've yet to hear of.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me through PM's or whatever else, I wanna try to stop spamming this topic a bit.
Last edited by DeadHamster on Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Modzy

Post by Modzy »

Interesting, good job on it! But you may want to add material types to it, I find them useful in Scen map making.
Pepsi

Snitch! Wordewatician 500

Post by Pepsi »

Remember back a long time ago when i said you were a "noob" modder and to "make something of your own" and so forth?

Yea.. Thanks for making me look like a ass now. GJ dude<33
Life is not how you survive the storm, but how you dance in the rain
DeadHamster

Post by DeadHamster »

Thank's Pepsi.

Yeah, sorry for being a dick and all that.