Assault on the Control Room Mod V1

Halo PC uploads. All posts must have pictures and a mod to download. Use PPF always, unless the map is rebuilt.
[RR]RedRene

Post by [RR]RedRene »

RYDER wrote:and now you people wonder why almost no one posts a mod on this forum anymore...it always has to be "new bsp" hardcore skins and other crap. you guys make me sick.
The problem is, we've reached a point where we have L337 Tutorials/Utilities/Programs, that people automatically expect Newbies to make use of. Yes, every now and then a Newbie produces a Pretty Awesome Mod, but when he doesn't, everyone's immediate reaction is to jump down their throat and tear out their Kidney's.
RYDER

Post by RYDER »

and that reaction should really change.
DeadHamster

Snitch! Advisor Articulatist 500

Post by DeadHamster »

For me, when I'm looking at an experienced modder's mod, I could care less about BSP's and skins and all that aesthetic crap. I want to see something new and creative that's either taking advantage of new methods of modding or creating a new method.

When I saw Philly's Plasma Rifle's, I was impressed. When I saw many of the things Philly is doing in his project, I was impressed.

I've been trying to help out by releasing plugins that are allowing for more things to be edited in more ways then before.

This is a good mod for a new modder. Just make sure that you learn more, and apply everything that you can. More then anything else, be CREATIVE! Make something new, new tags, remodels, skins, anything that sets your's apart from their's and makes me go anywhere from "neat" to "Wow!".
WaeV

Advisor

Post by WaeV »

Better than my first mod: 4.5/10

Pros:
-Changed lots of things, and the results were consistent with one another. (Ok, so the tank is OP, but you can counter that with easy to aim grenades etc.)
-Bitmap meta swapping was done in moderation
-Determined to make the AR actually gold, improving on this work

Cons:

-Everything is WAAY too OP.
-Only meta values were changed, no skinning or modeling

Keep it up! :D